PDA

View Full Version : I finally went propane 48.5 cents a litre is nice

m j
06-04-2004, 04:06 AM
got a dual tank OHG system for $230
spent more then that on new lines and fittings, uncertified Aeroquip 1503 or 1053??

hardpiped the reg and lockoff to the mixer
the only trouble I am having is I chose to keep it attached to the Quardabog baseplate and the secondarys sometimes hang open a bit and bump up my idle speed

if anyone has a couple of (4-8) aluminum forklift cylinders they wanna sell for $25 each let me know

also converted my brothers 87 Bronco when the price hit 90 cents for gas

u2slow
06-04-2004, 09:14 AM
Be careful with DIY propane conversion. (I'm sure you're doing a good job) Propane systems are required to be inspected to be road legal (Transport Act?), and ICBC needs to know the fuel change also. Moreover, if you do get pulled over, and ordered for a VI, you have to deal with a propane shop to get your propane decal before it can be VI'd. (They will likely insist on changing some parts too.)

m j
06-04-2004, 08:16 PM
fuck legal :)

I spoke to the local shop
my lines are gonna be the sticky point
anyone have an idea what it takes to "certify" a line?

ROBO
06-04-2004, 09:06 PM
im with ya...that was the main reson i bought my old ram.. it was 19cents then. the lines must be csa aproved for liquid vapour fule, and you will need a propane cetification sticker on your window too fill up. well at most stations anyways, wana by pass the testing and legal stuff?? goo hunting at the wreckers and find a window witha sticker already the same as your vehicals window. i have two for mine just incase one breaks.

IF YOU CANT DODGE IT!
RAM IT!

ROBO
06-04-2004, 09:08 PM
also them ohg systems can be a bit finiky with piston hangups.heres a good site with info on propanr setups.http://franzh.home.texas.net/diaguide.html#450

IF YOU CANT DODGE IT!
RAM IT!

dexter302
06-05-2004, 09:20 PM
hey robo,,, i have an ohg-450 i was told it will suply a 454 no problem,,, what do you know about this mixer?

Support your local red and white.

..._______
../_______\
.(]]__o__[[)
|\_o ___o_/|
|_|.........|_|

m j
06-05-2004, 11:57 PM
better to run dual mixers on a big block

I have yet to have anyone care about a sticker at filling stations