PDA

View Full Version : Bure Lake

jeeper
06-03-2004, 07:37 PM
I heard from a Horse back camper that a road was pushed into Bure Lake above the Tulammeen ! Has any one heard about this road?????? What a beauty of a lake,,, should be a good trip in to see if its true ---bruce

In The Zone
06-04-2004, 11:05 AM
Bruce i have biked up to that lake ...
two tears ago from Coalmont....
One would be able to access it but might need to blow a few gates first(with permission )

It' a FORD need I say More.....It drinks lots of Gas,Chews Tire's and eat's BUSH

Locked and sittin on 36"tsl SuperSwampers

jeeper
06-04-2004, 11:21 AM
I backpacked into it about 5 years ago as well as a bunch f other ones in that area !We went in from kettle mountain side !Aperently the road goes in from The other side of the Tulammeen ,,so easy access from the Coquihalla !Would be a fun trip as theres not much trafic over there ,, and it looked like it would be a decent fishing lake ! Id have to find my topos to see what the terrain from that side would be like ,,It was a good hike up from the tulammeen Valley (paridise valley )There was also another lake close by that we went to as well ,, I just cant remember the name ,, have to look at the maps !

In The Zone
06-04-2004, 11:25 AM
that area is cool with lots to see ....
we also did the kettlevalley in from princeton to up past tulameen then back to Coalmont to party in the Hotel....
Sweet trip... 170km total on bike..including side roads and playing...

It' a FORD need I say More.....It drinks lots of Gas,Chews Tire's and eat's BUSH

lizard
06-04-2004, 12:14 PM
are u spelling that right? I cant find it anywhere?

jeeper
06-04-2004, 02:46 PM
If I could find the right toppos for that area zI could tell you,, I looked in the fishing guides I have and it doesnt show it on those pages.

Itr should be on map 92h7 Butr I cant find that one now ! The road would start in going past Murphy Lakes and turn before the tulameen River heading south to the edge of Manning Park !I saw All kinds of Elk track in that area the last time I was in ,and aperently they were planning on introducing Grizzlies into that area as well !!!!

jeeper
06-04-2004, 03:04 PM
It looks like it probably comes of the end of Vuich Creek road!Man I need to find that map !

In The Zone
06-04-2004, 03:23 PM
MMMM GRizzlies wild
maybe we be talkin about a different lake[?]

jeeper
06-04-2004, 03:26 PM
Heres the best I can do for maps now!

Image Insert:
http://www.funinbc.com/forum/uploaded/jeeper/200464212431_Bure-area1.jpg
26.83KB

It should be right by batie Lake. I remember it took only a few hours to hike over to it from Bure.. But it was several years back !I liked Grant better !

Dakguy
06-09-2004, 07:21 AM
I've searched high and low on all of the maps I use and can't find it Bruce.
FOUND IT!!!
It's Burr Lake
120.57.26 / 49.19.51 Online map 092H036
1,469 metres from Batie heading 67.3
Looks like the quick route in is off the Whipsaw...
I'll try to get over there to have a look.
Image Insert:
http://www.funinbc.com/forum/uploaded/dakguy/200469134337_Burr1.JPG
33.62KB

Image Insert:
http://www.funinbc.com/forum/uploaded/dakguy/200469134359_Burr2.JPG
28.56KB
Of all my friends, I like beer the best!

jeeper
06-09-2004, 09:48 AM
Thats it,,

You cant get in of the whipsaw unless you want to bushwack it ,,,and probably 7 km of bush,, there are sopme horse trails you could use to get close comming in of the whipsaw .

Where you are supposed to be able to drive to it is from the murphy lakes area , comming in of the coquihala !And then through to vuich creek road !

If you go in from that way PLEASE take the gps coordinates and PM them to me !

It could be a real good find for a wheeling / fishing destination lake !Also ,, from there its not far to hike over to Battie !

That would be a good one to hike a belly boat into !

Thanks BRUCE

Dakguy
06-09-2004, 10:33 AM
I'll definately take my GPS with me, I won't gaurantee anything but I'll try. I'm going to go back and have a closer look at the web maps for the Murphy Lakes route. C'mon Bruce I've got a Samurai, we drive past each other on horse trails! I took the centre to centre of the lakes off the web at 1.47km so that would be a fairly easy walk, and I've got a belly boat! Sounds like a fishing trip is coming...

jeeper
06-09-2004, 10:35 AM
its the elevation gain /loss between the lakes ,, it was 5-6 years ago that i was in there , I remeber there being a good climb from one of them to the other ,,

Dakguy
06-09-2004, 12:44 PM
Sorry, "easy" meaning not 12k of up and down...