PDA

View Full Version : 1

imported_n/a
05-31-2004, 10:34 AM

Spud
06-06-2004, 06:37 PM
I recently put some leafs in the back of my 86 jimmey, The steel strap that holds the springs together does it really matter if you put them to the front or the back?. they measure 25 - 25 so i didnt think it mattered. Just though to ask. Plus may be intersted in some of those 6"ers ill measure them tomorrow and send you back a reply

pumpkin
06-06-2004, 08:05 PM
How do you measure the springs(23.5"-23.5")

Stu_Dawg
06-06-2004, 10:24 PM
how soft of a ride is are the 8" spirngs?

"If it ain't a chevy, don't raise it up"

posted by beerbaron...
"we don't like tree huggers sticking the nose in our shit, if I want to chop down a fuck tree make a toilet with wipe my ass with a spotted owl then light it on fire thats what I'm going to do"

imported_n/a
06-09-2004, 09:17 PM
The pics of the 8"

http://customsuspension.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=722&osCsid=5e7955d10cfe3a150a944df8f4285df8

The Pics of the 6"

http://customsuspension.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=721

These would be your standard lift springs. They are more of a soft ride then a heavy duty. Again we custom make all our springs in house so we can be flexible with how you want the spring to ride. The thing is we have so many of these springs we need to start clearing them out.

FOR THE MONTH OF JUNE

ADD-A-LEAFS INSTALLED FOR ALL MAKES AND MODELS 250 CASH
ADD-A-LEAFS WITH THE SPRINGS BROUGHT TO US 150 CASH

imported_n/a
06-09-2004, 09:19 PM
THIS LINK WILL SHOW YOU HOW TO MEASURE YOUR SPRING

http://www.customsuspension.com/CustomWork_Suspension.php

m j
06-10-2004, 03:55 AM
so by that method you are making the springs too short and the shackle angle will be really bad
can you post a pic of those springs installed that shows the resultant shackle angle?
to do the springs properly you need to add some longer shackle to clear the frame

dexter302
06-10-2004, 06:14 AM
go away you freak,,,,,,,, get off this board... the springs ypou made for my buddies toy suck,, they are too short and his shackels point forward so he gets hardly any drop ansd a bad ride,,,, and it was nice of you to complain to lars and get the thread deleted off bc4bi4 about how your spring suck and that you had to redo the springs in my cousin brads truck and my g-friends brothers truck.. blah blah blah,, and i know this is not the first incident....you didnt even reply,, you just whined to lars,,, well, what do you gotta say now???? And if you are just gonna go whine to a lawyer again about me bad mouthing you,,, then you are definetly a pussy....stupid ass...

Support your local red and white.

..._______
../_______\
.(]]__o__[[)
|\_o ___o_/|
|_|.........|_|

dexter302
06-10-2004, 06:16 AM
oh and i forgot,,, the springs also took a week longer for the fronts tro be made and liek 5 days longer to make the rears,,, so for someone who says they specialize in toyota,,,, well,,, enough said.

..._______
../_______\
.(]]__o__[[)
|\_o ___o_/|
|_|.........|_|

zookiguy
06-10-2004, 07:04 AM
Excellent, some drama to follow.[aahh]

Samurai with a stock tranny.

phatmatt
06-10-2004, 08:52 AM
Thanks for the heads up Dexter 302! Can't stand whiners.

HA HA!

Jeepnut
06-10-2004, 09:28 AM
Iam with Dexter..Take your product and Whining and......[33][33][33]

http://www.funinbc.com/forum/uploaded/harry whiteass/2004325174524_stir.gif
If it's not trail rated....It's not a HEEP

wade and cleatus
06-10-2004, 10:08 AM
I have to admit those springs in colins truck look like they have more business under an f250 or something. The quality looks good, but theyre too short and the leaves are too thick and the price was too high. Now kindly get lost hoser.

I hit a tree out of nowhere
It jumped in front of my car
I was headin home from the pow-wow
And lookin for a bar
I dont need no fricken street map
I dont use the streets at all

STranger
06-10-2004, 02:19 PM
wow.dont mess with this crowd.

i dont need people to get me,i just need people to get out of my way

Camorokee
06-10-2004, 03:38 PM
Funny thing the same happened to us with their springs to short and the shackle was way to far forward. with another set they built one spring sacked out in under a month sent the truck in for warranty and all they did was add one more spring to that side[:0]

bigger is always better

imported_n/a
06-10-2004, 03:47 PM
This is for dexter302!!! First Collinís cousin is very happy with his Toyota springs that we made up for him, his first springs had to be redone, yes, why because we were doing an experiment with his truck and he knew this, he was never upset, he was very happy with the springs. Collinís cousin told us he was going to talk to you about this as you didnít know what you were talking about. And he did, didnít heÖ.

What I canít understand would be this. We stand behind our product 100%. We sell hundreds of our springs, u-bolts, and fabricated parts. If there was a problem with your buddyís rig why wonít he talk to us about it, why must you voice your opinion? Like I said 100%, so the easiest thing to do would be to pick up a phone tell us you are un-happy and book an appointment so that we can fix the problem. It doesnít get much EASIER THEN THIS, DOES ITÖ

So I suggest that you stop whining behind a computer screen and come talk to us personally unless you are too afraid to.

The FACT is this incident could be fixed if Collin would only phone us. If Collin is un-happy he should let us know.

Please leave a number or address to reach you at, so that we can solve this problem immediately, unless you donít want to be a man about this and talk one on one.

Truly

Richard Carriere

Carrier Spring

604-855-9982
33733 King Rd. Abbotsford B.C.

Biggest 4runner in B.C.
44'S 15" All Spring Lift

phatmatt
06-10-2004, 03:55 PM
Maybe you should make your springs right the first time [1b]and experiment on your own trucks. Remember the people on this site know alot more than you probably do about 4X4s!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HA HA!

wade and cleatus
06-10-2004, 04:00 PM
Un fortunately Colin, the guy with the blue toy, doesnt know if he's coming or going. I can say right now he can add a 350 and a winch to his truck with those front springs. The rear he shouldnt have even done, its cheaper to swap in some chevies and have someone weld in the hangers for you.

I hit a tree out of nowhere
It jumped in front of my car
I was headin home from the pow-wow
And lookin for a bar
I dont need no fricken street map
I dont use the streets at all

dexter302
06-10-2004, 07:46 PM
quote:Originally posted by carrieret

If there was a problem with your buddyís rig why wonít he talk to us about it, why must you voice your opinion? Like I said 100%, so the easiest thing to do would be to pick up a phone tell us you are un-happy and book an appointment so that we can fix the problem. It doesnít get much EASIER THEN THIS, DOES ITÖ

So I suggest that you stop whining behind a computer screen and come talk to us personally unless you are too afraid to.

The FACT is this incident could be fixed if Collin would only phone us. If Collin is un-happy he should let us know.

Please leave a number or address to reach you at, so that we can solve this problem immediately, unless you donít want to be a man about this and talk one on one.

Truly

Richard Carriere

Carrier Spring

604-855-9982

Biggest 4runner in B.C.
44'S 15" All Spring Lift

well,,,,my buddy did pick up the phone and had you redo the work,, the springs are too short, and ride too bloody hard for being soft ride sprrings...And as for it getting any easier,,, yes it does get easier,,,DO IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME

you also said "So I suggest that you stop whining behind a computer screen and come talk to us personally unless you are too afraid to.""

are you calling me out??? you guys went and talked to a lawyer about me lasttime i said anything and you had lars delete the post,,, that aint gonna happen here..

you said""The FACT is this incident could be fixed if Collin would only phone us. If Collin is un-happy he should let us know. "" he did,,,,, and the spring had to be redone,,,,,

you ask for my number 1-800 go fuck yourself

you didnt even adress the post i had on bc4x4, you never emailed me,, i put my emaiol addy up,,, you had lars delete the post as soon as posible as to not let anyone see what i said about your business
and as you can see,,, l a lot of people agree with me,,, so take a hint,, make the springs longer and better...you even told people that you guys specialize in toyota

..._______
../_______\
.(]]__o__[[)
|\_o ___o_/|
|_|.........|_|

dexter302
06-10-2004, 07:49 PM
quote:Originally posted by Camorokee

Funny thing the same happened to us with their springs to short and the shackle was way to far forward. with another set they built one spring sacked out in under a month sent the truck in for warranty and all they did was add one more spring to that side[:0]

bigger is always better

that is what they did to my buddys truck,, they added 1 or 2 more leafs in the front,,, and he also told them that the rears wouldnt flex,,, so carrier told him to take the overloads out and that will help,, then to put the overloads back in after trhe spring softened up...

..._______
../_______\
.(]]__o__[[)
|\_o ___o_/|
|_|.........|_|

dexter302
06-10-2004, 08:00 PM
quote:Originally posted by carrieret

This is for dexter302!!! First Collinís cousin is very happy with his Toyota springs that we made up for him, Truly

Richard Carriere

Carrier Spring

604-855-9982

Biggest 4runner in B.C.
44'S 15" All Spring Lift

oh,, and by the way,, the guy with the big ass blue toyota that you did the rears in,,, he is my cousin... you ass.... and who is to say that he is very happy with them??? thay are alright now,, after you had to redo them,,, and also,, he was soo pissed off at youguys when they sagged in like 10 hrs,, ,litterally,, the same day they sagged..like 4 inches...

so feel free to post some more,,, or get your dad to post for you again...

..._______
../_______\
.(]]__o__[[)
|\_o ___o_/|
|_|.........|_|

jeeper
06-10-2004, 08:16 PM
MMMMM

Looks Like Carrier has a disgruntled custumer or two ,,,

Not like that doesnt happen to any buisness as theres always a reason for someone to complain !

But heres a good spot to show that you stand behind your work and you want a good reputation among wheelers !

I am happy to see your phone number sent --good sign as it looks like your ready to do what it takes to keep your custumers !

So good luck all involved ---hopefull a happy arrangemnet can be made for all involved !

imported_n/a
06-10-2004, 10:47 PM
I sure donít want to get in this at all but I have nothing but good praise for Carrier so does my buddy that got some ranger springs made by them.
Had some runner springs custom made by them and they work just the way I told them. I had gotten some work done at another shop in the valley before and I swear that I will never go back after he yelled at me and did a shitty job on my springs. I know that when I measured my u-bolts wrongg Rick bend me new ones up for no other charge and I was happy about that.
Jeeper is on the right track when he says all businesses have some complainers. Thatís why there is competition dexter.
I guess I say one last thing, dexter,, they seem kind enough to get his resolved they went out of there way to write that email and sent you info to get in touch, so why donít you show some class and brains and do the same. I meet people like you every night when I Bounce you are smart ass and think you know everything, . Grow up dude..

Have a problem Ask for Mark at Sonar

Camorokee
06-11-2004, 07:40 AM
wow isn't everyone a tough guy.... That said it seems like us whinners did give them a chance to "right the wrong " and still arne't satisified. All these negative posts are for the sole purpose of saving people from going through the same thing that some of us did,I think that if we can come here and praise a buisness then we should be able to complain as well , whats the difference? Oh and being a bouncer doesn't make you tough it just makes you think you look good in a tight shirt:D

bigger is always better

StinkFinger
06-11-2004, 08:07 AM
new leaf springs sag no matter who built them how much and how evenly defines the quality of the springs

If you'r gona do'er pound'er

jeep, it's just a penis extension for people who really wanted suzukis

Quote of the week:
fast forward two hours and ill be doin her in the butt

StinkFinger
06-11-2004, 08:12 AM
The reson i like this site is that you are allowd to bich'[28] post your honest disapointment:( or prais:D for people or poducts personal or otherwise if you take that away we miteas well just fuk off to bc4x4 and hag out in all the moderated forums[j]

Quote of the week:

zookiguy
06-11-2004, 08:16 AM
quote:Originally posted by geo

The reson i like this site is that you are allowd to bich'[28] post your honest disapointment:( or prais:D for people or poducts personal or otherwise if you take that away we miteas well just fuk off to bc4x4 and hag out in all the moderated forums[j]

Well said[3]

StinkFinger
06-11-2004, 08:17 AM
thank zuki guy

Quote of the week:

StinkFinger
06-11-2004, 08:37 AM
just because i can

zooki guy you suck[1]

and fuck you yuo fucking fuck[33]

ahh fredom of expresion rocks:D

Quote of the week:

zookiguy
06-11-2004, 08:43 AM
Hey I drive a zuk to. Aren't we suppose to pick on the Jeep guys[2].

Oh Ya Geo, You blow. (Not that I would know) Go back to work and do something. Post whore.[11]

Jeepnut
06-11-2004, 09:32 AM
That is the result of to much Zuk inbreading.Keep up the good fight[11]

quote:Originally posted by zookiguy

Hey I drive a zuk to. Aren't we suppose to pick on the Jeep guys[2].

Oh Ya Geo, You blow. (Not that I would know) Go back to work and do something. Post whore.[11]

http://www.funinbc.com/forum/uploaded/harry whiteass/2004325174524_stir.gif
If it's not trail rated....It's not a HEEP

StinkFinger
06-11-2004, 10:23 AM
hey zookiguy im sory

lets go pick on some jeeps

Quote of the week:

StinkFinger
06-11-2004, 10:29 AM
hey heepputs i got soo drunk this weekend i almost bought a jeep[1b]

Quote of the week:

zookiguy
06-11-2004, 10:42 AM
[3][3]

Don't tell anyone but I own a jeep also.

StinkFinger
06-11-2004, 10:46 AM
you suck your outta the club

how could you

how drunk wer you

Quote of the week:

zookiguy
06-11-2004, 11:07 AM
Well I bought the ZJ new in 97. Took it wheeling a half dozen times and blew the t-case and front end. It is the daily driver now for the wife. Where all Jeeps should be. At the mall.[f]

dexter302
06-11-2004, 10:22 PM
quote:Originally posted by bigrunner84

I sure donít want to get in this at all but I have nothing but good praise for Carrier so does my buddy that got some ranger springs made by them.
Had some runner springs custom made by them and they work just the way I told them. I had gotten some work done at another shop in the valley before and I swear that I will never go back after he yelled at me and did a shitty job on my springs. I know that when I measured my u-bolts wrongg Rick bend me new ones up for no other charge and I was happy about that.
Jeeper is on the right track when he says all businesses have some complainers. Thatís why there is competition dexter.
I guess I say one last thing, dexter,, they seem kind enough to get his resolved they went out of there way to write that email and sent you info to get in touch, so why donít you show some class and brains and do the same. I meet people like you every night when I Bounce you are smart ass and think you know everything, . Grow up dude..

Have a problem Ask for Mark at Sonar

Well,,, i am not tryiong to start shit between anyone else,,,but
first of all,, you mention that there is a shop in the valley that you will nerver go to??? right??? so what is the difference betweet you and i??? i dont want to go to carrier... i seen too many bad experiances,,,,and i gaurantee that there are happy customers from that shop in the valley too,,, so what is the difference??? really?

aswell,,, when did i say i know everything??? as far as i remember,, the only thing i said to even classify even as a bit of a knowledge is to make the springs longer,,, which will give you better flex and a better ride,,, and,,, the shackle angle should not be pointing forward,,,,

I do agree that most the work is good,,,, and i have seen some trucks around with there springs in them,,, but, i have seen 2 toyotas alone that have had to be redone,,, both of em,,,,, like 8 months apart too,,, so is it a coincidence??????? doubtful.

and you telling me to grow up???? umm let me see,,,, you are saying the same thing i am,, but about a different shop...

..._______
../_______\
.(]]__o__[[)
|\_o ___o_/|
|_|.........|_|

m j
06-12-2004, 06:25 AM
I have always wondered why spring shops make lift springs to the factory 23.5/23.5
the factory ones were negative arc, the lift ones are positve arc
using the same length for both will be certain to have one fucked up

it would be nice if someone in the spring industry would clue in and make springs that worked without making the consumer cut new shackle holes in the frame and fabbing up 7" long shackles to clear the frame

it isnt rocket science

what we need is a shop that is run by someone who actually wheels
all the shops that I know of are simply guys that want to make a buck off their shoddy work

if you need springs made then figure out what you need and go to McAllister where they actually make springs

dexter302
06-12-2004, 09:01 AM
quote:Originally posted by m j

I have always wondered why spring shops make lift springs to the factory 23.5/23.5
the factory ones were negative arc, the lift ones are positve arc
using the same length for both will be certain to have one fucked up

it would be nice if someone in the spring industry would clue in and make springs that worked without making the consumer cut new shackle holes in the frame and fabbing up 7" long shackles to clear the frame

it isnt rocket science

what we need is a shop that is run by someone who actually wheels
all the shops that I know of are simply guys that want to make a buck off their shoddy work

if you need springs made then figure out what you need and go to McAllister where they actually make springs

[5][5][5][5]

i agree,,,, mcallister/otto-max (same placve) i hear does good work...

..._______
../_______\
.(]]__o__[[)
|\_o ___o_/|
|_|.........|_|

factor
06-19-2004, 06:10 PM
very informative, thanks all

82 yota
06-20-2004, 10:17 AM
this is colin here, if i was happy with the springs the front's wouldn't have sagged 3 inches on the drive home, i brought the truck in annd you fixed it. But when i called a complained about the rear springs cause they don't move and i can put a fully built small block chev engine in the back and it might drop half an inch, you told me that i would have to take the springs out of the truck and bring them in or take a leaf out myself cause you had spent to much time fixing the fronts,

82 yota
07-23-2004, 10:11 PM
yaaaay, another dissatisfied customer here, they fixed the rear springs,512.00 dollers later and about 50 liters of gas which they drained into someone elses tank then put 20 liters back in.and 2 weeks ago when i was talking to them and he said "just talk to dexter" i told them i could pay for PART of the labour to move the spring mounts and they said don't worry about it cause they are losing business because of this post.and when the front springs took 5 days longer than they were supposed to, i was told they would make a set of shackles for free, well i ended up paying for them

off the top of my head cause i don't have the bill in front of me

4.5 hours to grind the frame to bare metal and weld the hangers on
2.5 hours to make the hangers
and 1.5 hours to take the tank out and put it back in which i wasn't charged for

i'm pretty sure those were the times but i'll double check in the morning

it just fucking pisses me off cause they have never done what they said they would, and i had to take the front and the rear springs in so they could fix them

jeeper
07-23-2004, 10:23 PM
unfortunatly most of these spring shops just dont understand what many are looking for in the 4x4 area . They know how to reproduce a spring for almost any stock vehickle but havent realized the potential that is out there for producing springs for the offroaders requiring unusual spring rates and distances ! Hopefully someone will come along and change this and we will all be saying "go to _______ " -Bruce

m j
07-24-2004, 05:53 AM
well the chev had a pretty long production run
73-92
many got lifted
tons of different companys made springs
not one got it right

1_ton_k5
07-25-2004, 08:28 AM
Alcan and National both 'get it' but you're gonna pay. IIRC the Alcan's are 49 or 50" long with 8 or 9 very thin leafs...

Either company will build the leaf pack to your spec's

rene

81K5,6.2,465,205,60,14,4.56,40's

m j
07-25-2004, 08:37 AM
I have never seen an off the shelf National, they were 'the guy' to use in the 80s and early 90s according to the magasines

any shop should be able to build springs to your specs, but I think it is reasonable to expect most to have figured out the typical chev lift spring by now.
it just isnt so for some reason

harleyfatboy99ca
07-25-2004, 09:43 AM
quote:Originally posted by geo

hey heepputs i got soo drunk this weekend i almost bought a jeep[1b]

Quote of the week:
SOME BOYS ARE SCARED TO GROW UP, IT WOULD HAVE BEEN YOUR BEST DRUNK IF YOU WOULD HAVE BOUGHT A JEEP THAT DAY. BE A MAN OWN A JEEP![1e]

NEVER LET FEAR AND COMMON SENSE HOLD YOU BACK,

StinkFinger
07-26-2004, 03:35 PM
Jeeps are for house wives and little girls

Quote of the week:
Dear diary jack pot gigity gigity

jeeper
07-26-2004, 03:38 PM
MMMMMM Seems to me I only ever see house wifes and little girls in suzis !!!!!!!!Isnt that a stange coincidence !

StinkFinger
07-26-2004, 03:53 PM
thouse beer gogles arnt helpin your vision

Quote of the week:
Dear diary jack pot gigity gigity

imported_n/a
08-02-2004, 10:56 PM
Colin I am very sorry that we couldnít help you out nor satisfy you. We have been trying so hard lately to help you out and fix your problems but I guess you wonít ever be satisfied. Let me level with you. I am a 20 year old full time student and one day this business will be mine. My dad has been operating Fraser Valley spring for over 20 years and now Carrier Spring for 4 years, he has been in the spring business his entire life and has built up this good reputation for doing good work and being a nice guy. One day this business is going to be mine and again I want to have the same reputation. I want to treat all my customers with the highest respect that I can. We clearly canít make you satisfied, I wish I could but it just seems impossible. This is upsetting to me and Richard because both of us are doing our best to build this business up again like it once was in the glory days of Fraser Valley Springs. I would like you to know that we didnít make any money on this and didnít come close to ripping you off. One of our licensed mechanic along with us helping him out worked at least a day and a half on your truck and we only charged you 6.5 hrs.We made you new springs much longer then you had in there before, made brand new custom hangers for the rear of your truck Front & Rear and charged $25 for the material, didnít charge for new u-bolts or rear shackles and did all the necessary labour so that your truck would function properly. Your frame is also falling apart as we showed you the chuck of bondow that was pulled out of it. Dude you clearly donít understand how much work goes into a job like this so that it can function properly. We also explained what happened with the gas, it had to be drained as it is not responsible nor safe to leave gas laying around a shop that is constantly using torches, welding and mechanics or customers that smoke. We therefore didnít charge you re and re the gas tank of 1.5hrs and put 20 or so bucks back in the tank.

Either way dude, this is my shop and it will be mine full out one day. We all want to help you out. But slandering us isnít helping the cause any. I wish we could satisfy you because it hurts to hear you say the things you say about my business when We put so much heart into this every day of the week.
I wish I hadnít posted before on this forum for the reason that I wouldnít need to hear these things. I like working for my company and I will always enjoy what I do. If I canít satisfy that one customer then I may have failed. No matter what business you run you will have someone that doesnít like you, or is un satisfied. All I can do is try my best to eliminate these things but no matter what you do there will be some cases where these things canít be resolved.
There is no business that will satisfy all there customers but you can do your damnust and try. We have tried Colin, we surely have.

Tyler Carriere

Biggest 4runner in B.C.
44'S 15" All Spring Lift

Honky
08-03-2004, 12:39 PM
Hey Tyler, I understand where you are coming from but I wouldn't stress over what Colin said or didn't say. He will not be happy no matter what you do. I don't think I have heard anything positive come out of his mouth about anything.

I don't know anything about his springs just the person.

I'm sure this will get me some bad press and collin will have something negative to say about this and. I'm not turning this into a pissing match rather calling it like I see it.

--------
Crowded elevators smell different to midgets

Hey listen to my song!!
http://www.bitoffun.com/Notes/Hairass.mp3

82 yota
08-03-2004, 08:03 PM
harry whiteass, i'm not pissed off about your post or what happened when you were fixing your exhaust system on the harison trip, and tyler, i'll call you on wednesday

wade and cleatus
08-10-2004, 08:46 PM
Am i loaded, or did the knob gobblin smilie dissapear?

Beer, beer, what do you know
The more you drink the faster you go!