PDA

View Full Version : V.I. Quesitions

Squishy
05-03-2004, 07:55 PM
does anybody have the sheet that they mark you on that you could scan and email to me? im going to go over my truck this weekend and get it through the inspection next week.

im just going to have this truck as a weekend truck(permits) but i can not get a permit for it until it is through the inspection, which is stupid.

any info or reccomend inspectors, pm me please, or email at krisoishi@hotmail.com

Thanks

90 Ford F150

kootenaycat
05-04-2004, 06:49 PM
I can copy one tomorrow and email it to ya in the evening. Hope you find a shop that's not too picky! If you need bumper/headlight max heights I can check tomorrow as well. I seem to remember 29" max height for the bottom of front bumper and 55" is max height to middle of headlight. I'll double check at work tomorrow. First thing I check for is minimum of 2 vins (dash & door pillar or firewall) and verify the registration for same vin. Some shops want to see a frame vin as well (might want to pressure wash the bottom just in case!). Any other questions you got, let me know, I'll answer them as to what the regs say. If the shop fails you for something, ask to see it in their regs. I was unsure of one inspection on a 4runner because the hitch was welded to the frame, I couldn't find anything on it in the regs, so phoned up the local MOT guy and he couldn't find it either!

FU Toolbag
05-04-2004, 06:59 PM
If your just getting a trip permit, you used to be able to get it at the superstore, at least in kelowna, if you went in there after 6 on a friday as the icbc system shut down then and they would write you out one by hand. You will still get a $575 fine for disobedience of a peace officer if you get stopped, but it was doable.

Of course, I don't speak from experience or anything like that.

OKOR[f]
not all men are pigs
some men are gay

kootenaycat
05-05-2004, 03:08 PM
Hey Kris, just tried to email ya the form, but Hotmail says your over your allowed limit! Let me know when I can try again.
Kevin
rks442@hotmail.com

Squishy
05-05-2004, 03:15 PM
i just emptyed my email

90 Ford F150

kootenaycat
05-05-2004, 05:44 PM
quote:Originally posted by Kris

i just emptyed my email

90 Ford F150

You have mail