PDA

View Full Version : Sammy Springs Wanted

russ
04-27-2004, 05:36 PM
I'm looking for Springs for my Samurai. Mine are pretty much sagged out and just about toast. Looking for at least 2 rears, possibly 4 if I could find some. Also if anyone know of another spring that works good, or if someone has some decent used spring with some lift that they wanna sell I'd be interested also.

Russ M
88 Samurai

FU Toolbag
04-27-2004, 08:33 PM
Where are you? I should have some here.

OKOR[f]
not all men are pigs
some men are gay

russ
04-28-2004, 07:40 PM
I'm out in Langley. What ya got??

Russ M
88 Samurai

FU Toolbag
04-29-2004, 06:38 AM
I'm in Kelowna. I got a trailerfull.

OKOR[f]
not all men are pigs
some men are gay

zuki4x4chick
04-29-2004, 12:52 PM
More flex, but extending the frame = YJ springs...:) Very good...
But the rears are flexy themselves:)

91' Zuki Tracker w/33's warn 8000, custom COLT camshaft, roof rack, snorkel, Rancho 9000's, Sammy front axle SAS SPOA fully locked!!! *Suzuki's continue to impress the non-beleivers*
-Pirate 4x4

84 sj410
04-29-2004, 09:42 PM
No frame extension Russ. Your truck works just perfect the way it is. Get the ranch rears add one leaf out of your factory pack to the front's ( for winch added wheight. n Get Dave to arch mach them. You will never need on other set of springs.

" Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to...
Skid in sideway's, cigar in one hand, favorite beverage in the other, body totally used up and worn out, screaming WOW- What a ride!!"

zuki4x4chick
04-30-2004, 06:45 AM
Who's Dave??? I need my springs done in the front...they are bagged..
Are you talking about T&S suspension dave?;)
I have talked to him about the springs as well, found him alot more expensive than the local coast spring shop...but then again, he's a specialty 4x4 shop:D

91' Zuki Tracker w/33's warn 8000, custom COLT camshaft, roof rack, snorkel, Rancho 9000's, Sammy front axle SAS SPOA fully locked!!! *Suzuki's continue to impress the non-beleivers*
-Pirate 4x4

zukkin
04-30-2004, 07:17 AM
(Who's Dave??) when u find out about dave let me know to please!! need some spring work done as well!!!!

84 sj410
04-30-2004, 05:17 PM
Yes Dave a T&S. He is 65 $ per hr so his prices are comparable to other's. NOW IF YOU WANT THE JOB DONE RIGHT BY A PERSON THAN KNOW AND UNDERSTANDS WHAT YOU ARE GOING TO DO TO THE SPRINGS THEN YOU MAY PAY A LITTLE MORE IN THE LONG RUN. ( sorryjust looked up,hit cap's lock and am not typing over :) Not saying someone else cannot do the same work, just i have delt with many of them and had my best results with his product. 2 years ago i spent 1200$ on a set of 4 springs 7 leafs in each pack. Flex just fine, cary a load? How about 2 boats 5 coolers to motors gas and all the other stuff for a good weekend out without bending over backwords. All i am saying is you get what you pay for. Do your research, know what you are going to use your truck for. now and in the future. I do not plan on having to get another set of springs as long as i own the truck, but yes they did cost alot. I will be a stave on sun for some piggy if you would like to take a look.

" Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to...
Skid in sideway's, cigar in one hand, favorite beverage in the other, body totally used up and worn out, screaming WOW- What a ride!!"

jeeper
04-30-2004, 07:46 PM
Theres a good spring shop in Langley as well,,,,

The owner is Jerry --A good guy ,,,, I just cant remeber the name of the shop,,,, its a bit east of gemini sales (a worthless jeep shop) and just north ,, kinda in the same group of wharehouses!--Bruce

....o_o_o_o
./| ,[_____],
|ŻŻŻL--O|||||||O_
()_)Ż()_) ŻŻŻ )_)
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

russ
05-02-2004, 06:20 PM
Hey Doug where's the best place to get the Rancho's?

Russ M
88 Samurai

84 sj410
05-02-2004, 08:29 PM
You might be able to get a good price over the border if ya know what i mean. If all else fails i can get a good cut out of north shore or lordco.

zuki4x4chick
05-03-2004, 06:31 PM
Yeah, The spring shop in Langley is called Coast spring and Axle.
Behind Gemini, off the Bypass....Alot cheaper than most places I found..
They charge $65 per leaf spring (pack)to re-arc and add a leaf. I am bringing mine there within a few days....these rear Sammy leafs are very bagged and worn out, I'm afraid they will snap[aahh]....

-Pirate 4x4

russ
05-08-2004, 09:48 AM
Hey Doug, Which leaf should i add to the front? Longest I guess?
My springs are on the way, should get them next week and get them in ASAP.

Russ M
88 Samurai

zuki4x4chick
05-08-2004, 07:19 PM
I just got my springs re-arced at Coast spring and axle...they did an excellent job, and my truck rides alot nicer:)

-Pirate 4x4