PDA

View Full Version : My truck problems

Babydust
04-26-2004, 10:27 AM
Heya...I am wondering if there is anyone out there who may be able to check my truck out and tell me why I dont have Low Range? I discovered this yesterday. Also if anyone is out there that is good enough that would be interested in lifting my truck for me? I pay you and buy the parts of course!

Andrea

In The Zone
04-26-2004, 11:02 AM
Your low range ....
does your indicator lightup?
Electronic shift?
Manual shift?
do u have 4hi?
It could be a lot of things we need more info...

It' a FORD need I say More.....It drinks lots of Gas,Chews Tire's and eat's BUSH

Babydust
04-26-2004, 11:27 AM
the indicator does not light up its just a button on my dash but i have to get out to lock the hubs.
the 4x4 button does work and lights up tho.

ANdrea

86toy
04-26-2004, 12:17 PM
First off start the truck, push the 4x4 button, wait for the light to light up, with foot on brake put the truck in neutral and then push the 4lo button. You must be stopped to engage 4lo.

Babydust
04-26-2004, 12:40 PM
i did that like 5 times yesterday...

Andrea

86toy
04-26-2004, 01:42 PM
There are only three parts to this system, the dash button ,the control module and the shift motor. Are you sure that the truck is going into 4x4 cause usually when the motor goes it doesn't shift at all. If it is the motor it is a fairly cheap fix to get it rebuilt. If I remember right around $30. If you buy a new one they are around $300 and used around $150. I have never heard of a problem with the module but you never know. Shoot me an e-mail if you want to trouble shoot it from a dealer manual.

sober_steve
04-26-2004, 08:22 PM
i have 2 transfer cases out of a bronco 2 if there the same u can use them for parts if i remember correct there borg warner15-50 fuck i cant rember the numbers but one a manual shift that i swappped in when i found out how much the modules are worth when my push button type went and the other one is an automatic type with a pretty new motor . there just sitting at my parents house so let me now if u can use them ther no good to me anymore