PDA

View Full Version : Canopener/Creekside report

u-can-2
04-26-2004, 06:38 AM
Well, another fun day come and gone. Sunny, warm and very eventfull.

First of all, it was an excellent turn out and thankx to everyone who came out.

Where to begin ??? Well, the first thing we did was get Paul through the lower Canopener section. With one pull of the winch he made it look easy, even over the 4 foot log running straight across the trail !!!! [3] Good work buddy !!!!

Next was my turn to challenge Kev on the Canopener..... And as expected (by me of course [36] Time to gloat here)..... I ran the trail without winching, rock stacking or backing up. But, before I could receive my beer, we had to let Kev run it to see if it would be an even draw............Well guess what ??? Kev got hung up on the same section I did but was unable to drive out of it. Must be a Jeep thing !!!!!![9] So, Paul and I gladly received our 6 beer [31][31][31][31][31][31]

Oh, and I must not forget that Kev's own brother, Jon, also ran the trail flawlessly and received another 6 pack from Kev. Starting to sound like a sucker bet here, eh ??? Nice work Jon, and man did those pops taste GREAT !!!!

Unfortunatly for Doug, but lucky for Kev (cuz I don't think he had enough beer to cover) Doug was unable to complete the challenge. With all four tires spinning and the truck rocking back and forth, Doug just got too hung up on his diffs to climb out.... A valiant effort though Doug !!!![3]

Then, after some playing in the snow, it was off to Creekside for a fire and to see if we could improve on Jon's line. Mike in his Pumpkin Jeep gave her shit and was almost the first guy to complete the climb in backwards unassisted. That was cool Mike !!![3]

After a few more pops, Paul and I decided to run up creekside together and beat Jon's line. Paul got about half way up and broke his track bar and I became a little to friendly with gravity and flopped over on the passenger side not even a quarter way up. Now we need to see who can beat my roll over line !!!!!![1b] The engine hydro'd on me, but after pulling the plugs and turning her over, she fired up like a pro. Smoked for a while but she'll be OK !!![5]

And lastly, Russ in his white Zuk tied the unassisted line and drove about a trucks length past Jon's line !!! Once again Suzuki is on top !!! Good work Russ !!![38]

Now let the pictures begin.........

Rich.[8D]

*** Keep Canada beautiful... Get Tattooed ***
*** I'm not only a member, but The President of "The Golf Carts Off-Road Team" ***

chevota
04-26-2004, 06:43 AM
sounds good but wheres your pics?

DRIVE IT LIKE U STOLED IT.

u-can-2
04-26-2004, 06:56 AM
Kev has a shit load that he will post soon. And I will email him mine tonight as I can't resize them right now. Just redid the computer, and I'm still downloading all the programs.

*** I'm not only a member, but The President of "The Golf Carts Off-Road Team" ***

dentedup
04-26-2004, 06:58 AM
Great trip Rich:D, don't forget to talk to that glass guy you know about my new windshield[11]

u-can-2
04-26-2004, 07:12 AM
I'm on it, I hear he has paper towel too [15]

Goatz
04-26-2004, 07:22 AM
HAHAHA SWEET SOUNDS LIKE AN AWESOME TIME CANT WAIT TO SEE THE PICS[3]

87 ranger with full interior roll cage on 38 tsl's on the outside but 79 bronco at heart

u-can-2
04-26-2004, 07:30 AM
Ps, Sorry bout covering you in all that oil Paul !!!! If it's any conselation I smelled burning oil all the way home from my header....[b]

Jeepnut
04-26-2004, 07:51 AM
Awesome day.Thanks for the beer Harry.[31][31][31][31][31][31]

I think we should change rich's name from ucan2 to Flipper I here hes flipped that thing 9 TIMES...[32]must be a Sammi thing.[11]

http://www.funinbc.com/forum/uploaded/harry whiteass/2004325174524_stir.gif
If it's not trail rated....It's not a JEEP

u-can-2
04-26-2004, 08:11 AM
Yeah Kev, can you change the title under my name to FLIPPER !!!! ???[36][36][36]

Good call Jon[3]