PDA

View Full Version : Transmision Question?

allwagon
04-08-2004, 06:04 AM
[?]First: The fluid was clear 3 months ago. Then, the engine upgrades were done, intake, headers ect...

Now of the collector, the exhaust pipe is about 1 inch from the back bottom of the tranny pan. Being this close, is there a possibility for the tranny fluid to be burnt from the exhaust pipe or are we talking presure plates. You guest it,,, the fluid is black!!!!! Any input from anybody would be great..[?][?]

Just what I need, another wagon!

zuki4x4chick
04-08-2004, 06:55 AM
Auto. or Manual?? (I am thinking Auto. because of the tranny pan you mentioned)
If we are talking Auto. you probably have an internal clutch problem, it's very common if the fluid is black....I have never heard about exhaust pipes getting that hot to burn fluid???quote:Originally posted by allwagon

[?]First: The fluid was clear 3 months ago. Then, the engine upgrades were done, intake, headers ect...

Now of the collector, the exhaust pipe is about 1 inch from the back bottom of the tranny pan. Being this close, is there a possibility for the tranny fluid to be burnt from the exhaust pipe or are we talking presure plates. You guest it,,, the fluid is black!!!!! Any input from anybody would be great..[?][?]

91' Zuki Tracker w/33's warn 8000, custom COLT camshaft, roof rack, snorkel, Rancho 9000's, Sammy front axle SAS SPOA fully locked!!! *Suzuki's continue to impress the non-beleivers*
-Pirate 4x4

allwagon
04-08-2004, 07:29 AM
I think I'm stretching it if I think it is the exhaust pipe. That would have just been the quicker fix. I was just doing some reading and apparently when aluminum breaks done it can turn the fluid black. That is not what I wanted to hear. Yes, it's an automatic, could this be torque converter?

allwagon
04-08-2004, 07:33 AM
I just noticed!!![:0][:0]

Thank-you for making that pavement princess disapear![11][11][11][11][11][11][11][11][11][11][11][8D]

zuki4x4chick
04-09-2004, 07:38 AM
If the fluid is black and I mean BLACK!!! Your internal clutches are likely the issue here.... A TC would not cause that considering there is no friction material in the TC that would cause the fluid to turn Black.....Is the tranny slipping in any gears??? quote:Originally posted by allwagon

I think I'm stretching it if I think it is the exhaust pipe. That would have just been the quicker fix. I was just doing some reading and apparently when aluminum breaks done it can turn the fluid black. That is not what I wanted to hear. Yes, it's an automatic, could this be torque converter?

91' Zuki Tracker w/33's warn 8000, custom COLT camshaft, roof rack, snorkel, Rancho 9000's, Sammy front axle SAS SPOA fully locked!!! *Suzuki's continue to impress the non-beleivers*
-Pirate 4x4

allwagon
04-10-2004, 08:17 AM
There is no slipping. However, it feels like the tranny wants to lock up and bogs the engine down. If I walk on it and throw the horsepower at the tranny, it's fine.
Instead of waiting for this thing to blow, I went and picked up another 727 tranny to put in. I'm going to take the old one apart to find out exactly what has happened.

Thanks again for the information zuki4x4chick

zuki4x4chick
04-11-2004, 08:54 AM
Hey no prob. I am just finishing my mechanic training, we are into auto tranny's, and I remember the other day talking about black trans. fluid.
Good luck
-Candace

-Pirate 4x4