PDA

View Full Version : 20r head on 22r

imported_n/a
04-05-2004, 09:06 PM
has anyone put a 20r head onto a 22r,i've heard you get more compression by doin this, im in the process of building up the head with sodium filled valves and bigger springs and shit like that, i also have a race cam from colt cams well thats at least what they told me when i asked about it, and im goin to re-ring the motor as well if anyone has done this would u be able to tell if it made a noticeable difference, this is just for now cause i have the parts laying around, im gettin a 7m-gte supra turbo motor soon, thanks

84 yota, 9 inch lift, locked front, rear, 5.29's, krawlers, racing seats, and a whole lot of other thingys

wade and cleatus
04-06-2004, 06:41 AM
If you got parts layin around fly at er, if not dont waste your time, i realized that a turd cant be polished. Ive done the same stuff to my engine but with the 22r head and its a lemon, the cam also makes the engine noisy because it allows the rockers to drop abruptly on the cam after it passes the lobe, causing more rattle than stock. No problems with the re-reing so far, doesnt burn any oil or anything like that. I didnt use the 20r head becuase i'd have to use the 20r intake and carb, the 20r carb has a lot less flow than the 22r, not of the parts are interchangable, you'd have to go with webbers or something. Also, dont deck the heads to get higher compession, its hard to get the thing timed right becuase the distributor will be cocked too far off one way or the other, then you have to modify the distributor. I seem to remember there being a problem with a lack of mounts on the 20r to mount 22r accessories the the head. Hope this helps a bit.

Theres a place on this earth
my people call home
Theres hills and hollers everywhere
and lots of room to roam
Were noted for our hard times
in God's greatest creation
Were the people
of the hillbilly nation
-Charles Gearheart-

boyzen
04-06-2004, 05:04 PM
If you decide to use the 20r head
here is an Intake for sale ,I did this years ago and it performed really good. I would do it again cam,header,carb,intake,and the head .
Image Insert:
http://www.funinbc.com/forum/uploaded/boyzen/20031221212548_Img_0033.jpg

BOGGERS RULE!!!!:
http://www.funinbc.com/forum/uploaded/boyzen/20044611514_IntercoShield.jpg