PDA

View Full Version : Clear creek ruined!

Big_Ern
03-28-2004, 08:11 PM
Or soon to be anyway... Checkout this post on the other site http://bb.bc4x4.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=45305

Apparently they are logging up there now so anyone can get in there. One of the guys saw a ford focus pull into camp as they were leaving. Shit, it was bad enough when I was up there in october and a brand new suzuki esteem wagon attempted to get up there -- at least he tore his tranny wide open on one of the cross ditches and couldn't make it. It won't be long now before that place gets ruined since every joe bloe city slicker can get up there, and leave all their garbage and burnt out cars. And it doesn't help either that the hotels in harrison give out maps on how to get there to all their pests errr guests... :(

Anyone got any idea how long they are logging up there for? I guess all we can hope is that its not for long, and that they will deactive the road nicely once its done, but its doubtful. [xx(]

'89 4runner w/ 33" Swampers

Big_Ern
03-28-2004, 08:14 PM
Oh yah, I should probably introduce my self to everyone, sicne a lot of you probably don't me. My name's Aaron, I was out on the run to the 4-to-1 / creekside crawl today. I was the one driveing a black '89 4Runner on 33" swampers.

Had a great time and hope to join everyone on another run soon. [3]

OldEnuff
04-04-2004, 09:48 PM
Well I am going up there today (monday) and coming back tuesday.
I'll take some pics and let everyone know whats happening with the road etc.
Sure hope nobody has screwed with the tubs.

'85 Bronco with 4" Suspension Lift
300 I6 TOD NP208 D44 TTB 9" Detroit 4.11's 33X12.5 Cooper Discoverer STT's
CB, Warn 8274 on Aluminum Bumper, Tow Hooks F/R,
Body mods courtesy of Rolley Lake Loop

A Polar Bear is a Rectangular Bear after a coordinate transform.

Big_Ern
04-05-2004, 10:07 PM
Let me know how it goes. I was planning on heading up there for a day trip this coming weekend (9th-11th) to scout it out a bit, and maybe run the old creek trail.

Me and the boys from school always go up after our exams (weekend of the 17th) for a big ol beer fest to start the summer off right. So I wanted to make sure everything is still alright. Open invite if anyone else wants to come. [3][36][3]

I'm probably gonna head up and check it out this weekend anyway just for something to do. I was thinking of Friday sometime since its the holiday. If anyone wants to join me that would be great, because I don't want to run the old trail alone.

In The Zone
04-06-2004, 05:12 AM
I guess the hunt is on for that elusive trail.

As for clear creek

well there is better destinations...
ones that are a little more difficult to attain

It' a FORD need I say More.....It drinks lots of Gas,Chews Tire's and eat's BUSH

imported_n/a
04-06-2004, 10:32 AM
Hey Big_Ern i'd be up for going to clear creek. i was up there this weekend and i made it up in my 90 pontiac tempest, i paid for it though. the trail riped half my exhaust up and peirced a hole in my transmision pan, that didn't stop from getting there. i want to go back up with my truck and find some cool trails. email me or post a reply.

Chris

Pavement Haters 4xFab <-------- For all your 4Wheelin and fabricating needs.

OldEnuff
04-06-2004, 05:15 PM
Just got back from Clear Creek.
The road is the same as it was last summer.
Met the guy in the Ford Focus from the other thread.
He has redone some of the supply lines for the hot tubs and cleaned the wooden tubs.
Everything is in good shape and no garbage outside of the fire pits.
It was a great time.
The old road and the old trail look like fun. Will have to try them when I have more time.

'85 Bronco with 4" Suspension Lift
300 I6 TOD NP208 D44 TTB 9" Detroit 4.11's 33X12.5 Cooper Discoverer STT's
CB, Warn 8274 on Aluminum Bumper, Tow Hooks F/R,
Body mods courtesy of Rolley Lake Loop

A Polar Bear is a Rectangular Bear after a coordinate transform.

Big_Ern
04-08-2004, 01:05 AM
Hey CrazyJeepMan, you still interested in going this friday? Run the old creek trail and play in the dunes. I posted more info here: http://www.funinbc.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5282

Should be a fun day, and the weather is looking nice [3]