PDA

View Full Version : Body Question

imported_n/a
03-19-2004, 07:14 PM
I did a front grill update on my 91 GM (now has a 94+ front clip), and I ran into a few complications...
1. My bumper is warped, the little valence that goes between the grill and the bumper won't fit. BUT if it was straight it wouldn't fit either (due to the bumper not being far enough forward.) I think I'll just get a winch bumper and say to hell with the valence.

2. This is the bigger complication. None of the bottom braces on the grill match up to any holes (plus they're on the valence, which doesn't fit my bumper). So, my question is how do I make the bottom of the grill sturdy? Right now, its just flopping around like nobody's business. I'm kind of stumped.

Any help would be much appreciated!!! Thanks!

jeeper
03-19-2004, 07:26 PM
Fabricate a few stiffeners,,,,

Ille help ya if you need it ---Bruce

....o_o_o_o
./| ,[_____],
|ŻŻŻL--O|||||||O_
()_)Ż()_) ŻŻŻ )_)

boyzen
03-19-2004, 07:31 PM
should be very easy build something to come off the rad support.

imported_n/a
03-20-2004, 06:56 AM
Fabricate some new stiffeners eh? Bruce, I might have to take you up on your offer there. Never done metal fab in my life. lots of wood fab though[:o)]

jeeper
03-20-2004, 07:18 AM
Theres always a way ! Where are you from? Im in Langley --Bruce

....o_o_o_o
./| ,[_____],
|ŻŻŻL--O|||||||O_
()_)Ż()_) ŻŻŻ )_)

imported_n/a
03-20-2004, 07:33 AM
Maple Ridge.

imported_n/a
03-20-2004, 07:35 AM
want to give my cell a call? I have to go to Lordco and get some bolts to put my turn signal lights on before I can go anywhere. Anyway, my number is 778-895-9871, and my name is (obviously) Ian