PDA

View Full Version : need some aircare #'s

dentedup
03-18-2004, 03:00 PM
Hey all you s10-15-blazer owners, I'm thinking about mixing my fullsize with a S series truck. I'm wondering if I'll be able to aircare my 350 moter when its registered as an S- series. I'm looking to compair the aircare #'s from your truck to my truck to see how close or far off a 350 would be from a 4.3 2.8 4cyl. So if you guys could help me out and post your max. allowable reading from your aircare paper and vehicle year and moter size it would be greatlly appreciated

thanks Paul
DRIVING TEST
MAX. ALLOWABLE HYDROCARBONS-
CARBON MONOXIDE-
OXIDES OF NITROGEN-

IDLE TEST
HYDROCARBONS-
CARBON MONOXIDE -

pumpkin
03-18-2004, 04:38 PM
Your deeling with air care dummies,don't tell them you changed the engine it will only confuse them.Just make it pass,a small block usualy has better readings than the V6's.I am a licensed air care mechanic.

dentedup
03-18-2004, 04:55 PM
Thanks thats what I want to do, just would like to see some #'s to see were my moter is at now.

dentedup
03-18-2004, 04:56 PM
Thanks thats what I want to do, just would like to see some #'s to see were my moter is at now.

kootenaycat
03-21-2004, 08:44 PM
quote:Originally posted by pumpkin

Your deeling with air care dummies,don't tell them you changed the engine it will only confuse them.Just make it pass,a small block usualy has better readings than the V6's.I am a licensed air care mechanic.

I took the 1 day aircare course years ago(11 actually! Holy fuck I'm old!) when doing my 4th year even though I work in the interior, and from what I remember, they have to do a visual inspection using the VIN to tell what it originally came with. IE: cats must be in place, airpump if originally equipped, etc, so I would imagine that if the underhood decal says 2.8L wouldn't they spot a SBC? Or are they really that stupid! Also, there was something about engine swaps regarding that whatever was newer (engine or truck) they took the most recent and used those gas specs. If you have a mid '80's S-10 and put a '96 EFI 350 in, then you have to meet the '96 specs. I'm sure someone will correct me if (when!) I'm wrong!

u-can-2
03-23-2004, 07:28 PM
No worries Paul, I go through Aircare 3-4 times a year for other people already....

I'll just add you to the list !!![41][22]

*** Keep Canada beautiful... Get Tattooed ***

pumpkin
03-23-2004, 08:54 PM
Yup they'r realy that stupid,tehy test the vehicle for the year of the vehicle,and get the engine size from the vin.On 88 and older vehicles they don't look for components other than the cat and if it is missing it's only an advisory to replace it.They don't even open the hood for the most part.

Jeepnut
03-24-2004, 08:35 AM
I put a 97-350 Vortec in a Jeep that is registered as a 1981.All they need to know is what size your motor is.

If it's not trail rated....It's not a JEEP

BeerBaron666
03-24-2004, 11:52 AM
quote:Originally posted by pumpkin

They don't even open the hood for the most part.

They aren't aloud to open the hoods any more from what I was told.

"It's not a fire untill your scared of it" -Stave proverb

"I see your using one of the better tasting glues" - Kelso

http://www.click-smilie.de/sammlung0903/spezial/Sarge/MrT_anim.gif

jeeper
03-24-2004, 12:14 PM
It will be scrapped soon enough,,, I think the agreement is only for a few more years and then it will be gone ---stupid waste of money --they claim the aiir quality improvement is from what theyve done and havent taken inot account that all the new vehichles that are replacing the old polutting ones are extremely clean ---Bruce

....o_o_o_o
./| ,[_____],
|ŻŻŻL--O|||||||O_
()_)Ż()_) ŻŻŻ )_)

godzuka
03-24-2004, 02:36 PM
if you give me the year and curb weight (its on your registration)of your s10 i could give you #s for a 7.4, 5.7, 4.3, 2.8, or a 2.5l. I'll look it up no prob.

A person who thinks he knows everything truly knows nothing.http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0903/feiertage/feiertag-smiley-014.gif

m j
03-24-2004, 04:39 PM
the most important thing appears to be a gas cap that seals ???
I am going to get a working gas cap for them to test
the fuel cell doesnt matter as long as the stock unused cap seals

m j
03-28-2004, 05:37 PM
have you looked at whether a "territory Z" can be procured?