PDA

View Full Version : CODES

BigC
02-16-2004, 01:58 PM
Hey my company van started flashin the "check engine light" on its trip to Vancouver on Thurday. It did it again on the way back today so when it got back I plugged the reader in and this is what I got:

43-Electronic Spark timing (EST) circuit - low voltage detected

86-Analouge/Digital Electronic Contolr module (ECM) error or shift Solenoid "B" stuck on

So what do ya think I should be checkin first? All the gauges are readin fine, it runs fine, just so ya know its an 93 Chev 1ton refrigerated cargo van w/ 350/700r4 on propane with 350000 km on it

"What color are ya gonna paint it?

kootenaycat
02-18-2004, 07:22 PM
Since you're running propane on it, you are probably using a "cheater" box. I'm not a big propane fan, but I believe it spudspudspudspudspud the PCM into not setting annoying codes from using propane. Check out all the connections to this first, and check the basics like timing (may be different then stock because of propane). I'll try to remember to look up the codes on Mitchell on Demand tomorrow at work.

BigC
02-19-2004, 07:48 PM
Awsome, thanks for the tip, what it is is a old Freybe meat truck so it has been propane since new. I reset the ECM and its run to Vernon twice with no "check engine" coming on. Today it went to Vancouver but I have no idea on how it went.So I'll check that out on Monday when it gets back.[3]

"What color are ya gonna paint it?