PDA

View Full Version : My Jeep is cursed.

Honky
02-06-2004, 01:40 PM
My Jeep is cursed.

My CJ5 has a fresh rebuilt 360 engine with the Holley offroad carb. The problem is there is a dead stop in the carb? When I start off in 2nd pulling a trailer the engine stalls out. To simulate the trailer up a hill, you can drive slow in third and accelerate. What it's like is someone turning the key off......let go of the gas and it's like turning the key back on.

The Jeep right now is over at Jeep Thrills and they are baffled at this point. The Carb has been replaced with a twin carb and still the same results. Timing and carb have been adjusted in many ways.

Today I phoned down to Holley and they said it is a know problem with stock V8's, that this carb was not really made for a stock engine, WHAT THE FUCK???? if you look at any ad they have they are marketing this thing for just that!!!!!!!!![13]

They said that the check weights in the metering block are not moving because the carb does not have enough velocity to move it. They said I could change the nossel from a 28 thousandths to a 35 thousandths basically poor more gas down it's throat to compensate. They said that this is not for sure what the problem but it's a known one.

I phoned over to Jeep Thrills to tell them what I found out and they are changing the carb to a two barrel to see what the results are.

http://www.funinbc.com/forum/uploaded/rusty_yellowjeep/20021213115926_dans.gif Are we having FUN IN B.C. yet?
Hey listen to my song!!
http://www.whocutthecheez.com/Multimedia/wavs/hairyass.wav

lizard
02-06-2004, 01:57 PM
yah flat spots, used to be a pain in drag raceing, a DP an proper jets an distribiter advance fixed it.

pumpkin
02-06-2004, 04:42 PM
If you run into problems gettig it fixed let me know I'll help you out.

pumpkin
02-07-2004, 02:38 PM
Did you get it fixed?

FU Toolbag
02-07-2004, 05:43 PM
put her on propane, no flat spots, no angle problems, no bastards steeling your fuel buy sucking it out with a hose, actually, I'ld like to see that one.

OKOR[f]
Actuall 4X4'er
No heeps allowed
Off Camber

jeeper
02-07-2004, 09:23 PM
mmmmmmmmmmm----assholes siphoning fuel -----I know of one that has done that---Bruce

....o_o_o_o
./| ,[_____],
|ŻŻŻL--O|||||||O_
()_)Ż()_) ŻŻŻ )_)