PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Bronco

BigC
02-04-2004, 03:37 PM
[14] Well been workin on this 80 Bronco for a while now, It is finally running, kind of. Can't seem to get the timing right, the choke dosn't kick out so it stays revin at like 2 grand till ya manually push it down under the hood. And the new battery dosen't seem to be holdin any charge- this could be cause I have been turnin it over like no tommorrow. Is there any FORD guys out there that wanna do some minor adjustments for $$$$$ cause I am about to shoot this F'n thing

"What color are ya gonna paint it?

boyzen
02-04-2004, 03:46 PM
Might be able to give you a hand on the weekend I will let you Know.

I forgot to lock the hubs in!

FU Toolbag
02-04-2004, 06:07 PM
If it's got an electric choke, that is actually controled by a wire from the alt, if memory serves. If your batery's not holding, and your alt is constantly at full charge, that might be your problem.

OKOR[f]
Actuall 4X4'er
No heeps allowed
Off Camber

Toyrantula
02-04-2004, 07:12 PM
Damn, sound like your Bronco and mine were built by the same idiot.

Yours got the 302?

A GOOD friend will bail you out of jail,

A BEST friend will will be sitting beside you saying"that was fawkin` awesome!"

digger
02-04-2004, 07:16 PM
sell it
my other gmc is for sale

ba 302
02-04-2004, 09:58 PM
what engine do you have in that bronco? is it the 351m your charging problem could be a number of things don't assume your alternator is hooped yet,first check your wiring harness at the altenator and also make sure your voltage regulator is in good shape. does your altemator make any noises we you fire it up ? theres a quick test you can do to check if your alternator is good or not. pull the negative battery cable off use a test light between the neg cable and the neg post if the light comes on there is a short in the electrical system with the test light still on the neg cable and the post dsconnect the wiring harness at the alternator if the light goes out then your alternator is no good if the light stays on start pulling fuses until light goes out. as for you carb and timming problems it's hard to play with in the cold weather. hope this helps, if your look to get rid of your bronco let me know.

BigC
02-05-2004, 10:21 AM
:D The alternator is good I gots me a tester for that and it reads top of the chart, when I started workin on the Bronco there was a wht/gray wire I believe that came off the back of the alternator, the old owner told me it was never hooked up, could that be the one that goes to the choke?, I did read that in the Haynes manual but I couldn't find a place on the choke for it to go to, maybe I'm blind. Thanks for all the help guys,Oh and it has the 351M in it
[!]on this BRONCO

FU Toolbag
02-05-2004, 03:27 PM
My book , or the one in front of me for late 70's ford vans, it looks like it goes to the stator. I could be wrong, any fireworks, please aim them elsewhere, but it should work, I think, maybee.

OKOR[f]
Actuall 4X4'er
No heeps allowed
Off Camber

BigC
02-05-2004, 04:30 PM
[:0]went out there today for a bit, couldn't even find the grey/wht wire, I took it off and put it somewhere[?] And where about do I find a STATOR? And I think I am missin some vacuum lines from the can by the battery and by the thermostat housing, something else to work on

Toyrantula
02-05-2004, 06:45 PM
I have a Bronco manual here. I will see if I can scan some wiring diagrams if it has any.

A GOOD friend will bail you out of jail,

A BEST friend will will be sitting beside you saying"that was fawkin` awesome!"

BigC
02-05-2004, 07:34 PM
[3]Thanks Toyrantula but I have a Haynes book too, just lazy maybe or tired of workin on someone elses sh!t[j]

In The Zone
02-05-2004, 08:16 PM
Load test your battery... when cranking if starter draw is to much you will kill even a new battery,check for proper volts from the alt by using a multimeter good out put is between 14-18vlts dc load all electrical gadgets for this lights,fans,ect...
I beleive the stator is a old fasioned relay for high amp switching.
I could be wrong though.
As for the choke rip the electric of and replace it with a nice manual.
never fails and great for crawling..

It' a FORD need I say More.....It drinks lots of Gas,Chews Tire's and eat's BUSH