PDA

View Full Version : Revolving shackle Question

hamberger
01-26-2004, 02:34 PM
Theres a set for sale that would fit on my stock 4Runner.(IFS with no lift)
Do I understand them right...Compression travel is the same but drop travel is increased...right? Would this cause any driveline problems?

ham

imported_n/a
01-26-2004, 06:43 PM
naw i have the terraflex shackles and stock drivesahft no probs yet
u should be good little scary though when u think that u hav eused all your suspension and the BOOM! 5 to 6 more inches of drop.

84 yota, 7 inch lift, locked front, rear, 5.29's, boggers, leather seats, and a whole lot of other thingys

Guybc
01-26-2004, 08:31 PM
you might need to get longer shocks in the rear... any other opnions on this?

imported_n/a
01-27-2004, 09:51 AM
I would think you would want longer brake lines and shocks to go with them.

mUD uCKeR
01-27-2004, 11:02 AM
I have heard of guys having dangerous issues with unloading during street driving... emergency stops... and then the vehicle contiues to move forward as the revolvers unload... Don't know if it would happen or not... but i have read that is an issue... and it makes sense that it would happen to me... so i stayed away from them. Someguys swear by them.

87 YJ, 2.5" BL, 3" Susp Lift, 8274 warn. 31" MT/s, no lockers, and beat to shit.

BeerBaron666
01-27-2004, 12:17 PM
yep longer brake lins and shocks for sure, as for the braking I can see that point maybe find a way to lock them when your on the street and diconect when on the trail like a sway bar[3]

"I see your using one of the better tasting glues" - Kelso

"Allright brain you don't like me and I don't like you but lets just do this and I can get back to killing you with beer!"- Homer J Simpson

http://www.click-smilie.de/sammlung0903/spezial/Sarge/MrT_anim.gif

imported_n/a
01-27-2004, 09:13 PM
yeah they do unload a bit but its not bad and when u accelerate it comes up bout 4-5 inches kinda cool though when the people are being and then drive beside and are like WTF!! yeah shocks and brake lines then your set, that was something i forgot to mention.

84 yota, 7 inch lift, locked front, rear, 5.29's, boggers, leather seats, and a whole lot of other thingys