PDA

View Full Version : Filter Thingy

BigC
01-12-2004, 07:57 AM
Ok I've almost rebuilt this stupid 1980 Bronco tryin to get it goin and this is where it all come down to. I have the fuel tank out now and on the bottom of the pickup there is this mesh kind of filter on the end.

Image Insert:
http://www.funinbc.com/forum/uploaded/bigc/200411212553_Picture 097.jpg
64.42KB

Anyway Lordco dosen't even carry the whole pickup unit let alone this stupid mesh screen, does anyone got anything like this or have a suggestion. I figure if I can't get one I'll just add another fuel filter somewhere in the line.

"What color are ya gonna paint it?

muky
01-12-2004, 09:38 AM
Can you substitue it for something else instead. Maybe something off of another ford? Maybe there will be something else. Just a thought.

You can take the boy out of the country, but you cant take the country out of the boy.

boyzen
01-12-2004, 02:37 PM
All fuel tanks have a sceen made of some weird plastic material so just get one at Pyp.

BigC
01-12-2004, 03:10 PM
[41] All that work though! and the drive It's not even my truck, there has to be a better solution[31]

[16]

Broncoo
01-12-2004, 04:19 PM
go order one from ford

BigC
01-13-2004, 05:40 AM
[9] Ford found three of em for me, All different sizes, all in the US, ranging from $25 - $40, What a joke.[13] I think I'll just add another filter where the line comes out of the tank[22].

richsworkshop
01-13-2004, 07:42 AM
One thing with not having a strainer in the tank is that the pick-up tube is then prone to plugging up if there is anything floating around. If you are not going to have a strainer in there make sure it is really clean before you put it all back together.[7]

One thing you could do is make one using nylon window screen and fishing line. Both materials will hold up in the gasoline enviroment.
Alot cheaper and you can make whatever size you need![^]

Rich [}:)] (aka Stax)
"It's ALL GOOD!"

TTC 2003
Been there... done that... What a Blast!
http://www.funinbc.com/forum/uploaded/richsworkshop/2003826141541_business_card.gif

In The Zone
01-13-2004, 09:21 AM
Yeah stainless steel mesh works as well but like Rich said if you donot run a strainer of some sort you will eventually be pulling the tank out once again...

It' a FORD need I say More.....It drinks lots of Gas,Chews Tire's and eat's BUSH

OldEnuff
01-14-2004, 02:25 PM
Just get some brass or stainless fine mesh screem from a hardware store or hobby shop.
Fold it all around the pick up and clamp it on somehow.
Should work fine.

'85 Bronco with 4" Suspension Lift
300 I6 TOD NP208 D44 TTB 9" 3.55's 33X12.5 Cooper Discoverer STT's
CB, Warn 8274 on Aluminum Bumper, Tow Hooks F/R,
Body mods courtesy of Rolley Lake Loop
Soon to have Detroit in rear and Aussie Locker in front

"It doesn't matter where you go, there you are"

BigC
01-15-2004, 10:13 AM
[5] Thanks for all the input. I'm gonna send the f'ed piece down to the coast today and have the female owner of the truck dig through bins of crap at Wasney's Ford parts in Burnaby. Maybe I'll get this thing goin for her soon[4]

BigC
01-20-2004, 05:19 AM
I got one fer $5at Wasney's. Looks almost like new and I didn't break a sweat to get it. Thanks for the help guys[3]

FU Toolbag
01-20-2004, 07:10 AM
So she's all fixed now???

OKOR[f]
Actuall 4X4'er
No heeps allowed
Off Camber

BigC
01-20-2004, 09:39 AM
I just got the part in Monday night a 6pm. What do ya think I'm out there holda a f'n flashlight or somethin.[4] I think I just might go out and roll in the mud this afternoon. I have new hard fuel lines bent and ready to install along with the tank so maybe a couple hours and she'll be done[5]

FU Toolbag
01-20-2004, 09:53 AM
someones touchy today.

I drove by a couple days ago and I thought it was gone.

OKOR[f]
Actuall 4X4'er
No heeps allowed
Off Camber

BigC
01-20-2004, 03:31 PM
[36] It lives, kinda. Spent a few hours out there today got the tank and new lines in, It fired up and ran for longer than 2 mins.[L] the only prob I had was that after runnin for a while gas started comin out threw the vent holes in the carb, maybe a vacuum line missin somewhere?[f]

Okor would ya be interested in drivin by again and maybe bringin a timin light if ya got one? Gimmi a PM[3]

FU Toolbag
01-20-2004, 03:55 PM
Fuel out a vent?? Not good. Is the float sticking the needles open? Does the pump have the third pipe for the overflow return? If you need another carb I got a fresh one I just tossed in the scrap bin that's still good.

OKOR[f]
Actuall 4X4'er
No heeps allowed
Off Camber

BigC
01-20-2004, 04:41 PM
I don't know what it needs, It's a Ford, it's needed everything under the sun to get it this far, I'll give a run down[2]
-battery, cables(2),solonoid,coil,volt.reg,
cap,rotor,wires,plugs,ignition module,fuel pump,timing chain,water pump(cause we where there),all new fuel lines,the filter thingy, and other small stupid usual crap [16]

[a] So ya I guess it may need a carb[41]

I'm sure glad I own a Chevy[22]