PDA

View Full Version : Electrical prob

BigC
12-02-2003, 10:32 AM
[j] So I am sittin in my buddies drivway last night, goin to leave, turn the key "CLICK" then nothin, Anyway hook up the jumpers to it and a giant spark comes from a Fusible link on the firewall. Anyway I think my battery has been movin around on the tray and wore a hole in the bottom ( see the green fuzzy around the bottom ) What would cause the link to burn and do I just cut it out and put in a new one?[h]

And would my truck do this to me knowing that I have been working on a Ford in the other driveway?[7]

"What color are ya gonna paint it?

KBB
12-02-2003, 03:09 PM
For sure, I know I would!!:D

http://www.funinbc.com/forum/uploaded/killerbugsbunny/2003101895721_bart6.gif
he he

richsworkshop
12-02-2003, 03:22 PM
Don't hit me..........

But did you have the cables hooked up right?? That could cause the fusible link to go....

And.... was that the fusible link? Or the front clip ground wire??

I believe on the Chevs of that era the fusible links are off the positive terminal at the starter, not near the battery. Fords have the fusible links near the battery/starter relay.

There is however a ground wire that usually runs from the negative terminal to the rad support... and I am wondering if that is what you saw burn...
Follow the main negative (ground) cable to the engine block or alt bracket, and check the connection. Remove the cable and clean the connection to be sure.

OK....that's enough thinkin' now[e]

Hope this helps. [3]

Rich [}:)] (aka Stax)
"It's ALL GOOD!"

TTC 2003
Been there... done that... waiting for the video!
http://www.funinbc.com/forum/uploaded/richsworkshop/2003826141541_business_card.gif

BigC
12-02-2003, 05:41 PM
:( OK here's the daylight news on this prob. I went over in the light today, just like I thought, my now broken battery tray rubbed a small spot on the bottom of the battery, there is what looks like a small arc spot on the tray. While I was there I used an inline fuse where the fusible link once was, got power to the truck again only to have it blow at the turn of the key[?] So what else could of grounded out?

Oh and buy the way its an 88[22]

[16]

BigC
12-02-2003, 06:37 PM
[:0] I forgot to tell ya Rich, the fusible link is on the firwall just to the left of the master cylinder, and ya I hooked the cables up right:DI am pretty sure she saw me workin on the FORD[e] across the driveway[19]

And I can't find my Haynes manual right now[j]

boyzen
12-02-2003, 06:49 PM
Love those electrical problems don't you! do you have headers and if so check to see if the starter wire isn't melted to a header or exhaust pipe.

Shit always happens

Broncoo
12-02-2003, 06:51 PM
i think the only thing that wil solve your dilemma is to swap a crew cab onto you truck cut the frame off to the rear spring hangers and make a little flat deck[36] put in a BB n 44's

is it done yet[f]

before i forget [!] C's chev

Magna
12-02-2003, 07:58 PM
quote:Originally posted by BigC
And would my truck do this to me knowing that I have been working on a Ford in the other driveway?[7]
Yes...:D

OFF-CAMBER
I have all the answers......as long as I get to ask the questions.

mUD uCKeR
12-03-2003, 06:12 AM
I agree with Broncoo... Or... hack the back of that burban off and make the rear top removable... kinda like what broncoo did with his... heh heh. I am just dying to cut some sheet metal... Then buy my 11" lift springs... and use a bb and 44's...

87 YJ, 2.5" BL, 3" Susp Lift, 8274 warn. 31" MT/s, no lockers, and beat to shit.

BigC
12-03-2003, 11:09 AM
quote:is it done yet

Piss off Mike, Are ya done with my new battery tray? No then go back to work[22]

And Boyzen ya I got headers, good call I'll check the shit out today[36]

And to top it all off there is no snow on the ground and the beater car is back on the road[41]

Broncoo
12-03-2003, 02:29 PM
i'm workin on it might be done tommorow we'll see

BigC
12-03-2003, 02:56 PM
[5] Hey got the sh!t runnin. Just a new fusable link, and a another new battery, now if I just had a battery tray[f] Broncoo[3]

[L]

BigC
12-03-2003, 02:56 PM
[5] Hey got the sh!t runnin. Just a new fusable link, and a another new battery, now if I just had a battery tray[f] Broncoo[3]

[L]

BigC
12-03-2003, 03:00 PM
[30]

Broncoo
12-03-2003, 03:44 PM
you must be excited postin your shit twice i'll "try to get er done tommorow" i may even go in a lil early for ya

LOUDGUY
12-04-2003, 07:06 AM
LMAO

ROGER THAT,BEND HER OVER ,DILDO IN AND OUT
[11][11]

buldawg
12-07-2003, 06:56 AM
[}:)]he's just trying to get over 100 posts .then he'llbe REALLY cool![41]

got kibble?