PDA

View Full Version : Cheep Mud Tires?

Squishy
11-27-2003, 03:03 PM
What cheep mud tires are out there? i was told mud kings are cheep to buy and a decent tire.

are there any others?

90 Ford F150

Broncoo
11-27-2003, 03:07 PM
just save your money for somthin good unless your tires are near bald :hint i never buy new tires i always get used ones (you can get killer deals if ya look)

boyzen
11-27-2003, 03:17 PM
Actually I allways buy new or almost new,I don't want other peoples junk as far as tires go. The tire is What makes the truck ,bald tires with huge HP and lockers dosent go anywhere.
As far as mud kings are? I used to have 33" mud kings I'm serious these were one of my favorite tires untill i went to 40" tires do not be scared of these tires i would recommend them always.There tread design is very similar to super swampers.

Shit always happens

mista fitz
11-27-2003, 03:28 PM
I think the new BFG's are worth the $$, and not really that much more money than the mud kings when I bought mine.. and I LOVE em'!

I've been told to go for the big-o mud tires, they're a little more initially, but awesome warranty which includes replacement, even if you tore the sidewall across some rocks or whatever..

KBB
11-27-2003, 03:52 PM
quote:I've been told to go for the big-o mud tires, they're a little more initially, but awesome warranty which includes replacement, even if you tore the sidewall across some rocks or whatever..\
That's incorrect.. I had a set a couple of years ago, and I hit a small stick that came up and gave me a huge blister and cut on the tire..
They wouldn't warranty them even when they were a month old. Some lame excuse about being on backroads and they will not cover the warranty if damage is done on trail driving.

Just something to think about. check the warranty

http://www.funinbc.com/forum/uploaded/killerbugsbunny/2003101895721_bart6.gif
he he

Broncoo
11-27-2003, 04:26 PM
quote:Originally posted by boyzen

Actually I allways buy new or almost new,I don't want other peoples junk as far as tires go. The tire is What makes the truck ,bald tires with huge HP and lockers dosent go anywhere.

Shit always happens

i'm not saying to go buy used bald tires look for the good ones you'll save $$$ i got my swampers when they were 95% tread for $1000 (36x12.5x15" so i loose 5% tread but save myself $500 that's why i like used tires

big c got a set o 39x15x15" mickeys on eagle alloys 90% tread for $1100 now thats a deal

boyzen
11-27-2003, 05:37 PM
Oh ok broncoo thats better.lol

Shit always happens

imported_n/a
12-07-2003, 01:47 AM
Enjoyed the tire discussion, (Tyre in England). Over here for On/Off road use a lot of people use Colway brand Retreads, quiet on road, great Off Road, and aggressive enough for Competitive trialling.
If you have the Buck, Diamond Backs and Broncos are rated well.

Toyrantula
12-07-2003, 10:06 PM
I bought the Big O MT`s and if you do street driving, then stay away from them. Offroad they are great but wear damn fast on the street. Havent really had a hassle with warranty issues yet.

Once these wear out, I will look for Interco or BFG.

A GOOD friend will bail you out of jail,

A BEST friend will will be sitting beside you saying"that was fawkin` awesome!"