PDA

View Full Version : Now What?

Dakguy
10-22-2003, 08:48 AM
It sounds like I have torn a few teeth off one of the the spider gears in the Sam on the weekend. My question is, as the title says, now what? I am looking for some advice on what route to go for my repair/rebuild. Do I go stock again, Sidekick 5:12's, spool or just weld the crap out of 'er? I am not interested in a Toy swap yet, just bucked up for Breeze x-over this summer. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated, I am going to start the tear down this weekend. On a different note, has anyone here done the rear disk conversion? I've seen people on other boards that have gone a few different routes and I am thinking that more braking power isn't a bad thing. I ran into a thread about using Samurai fronts out back, anyone?

Of all my friends, I like beer the best!

sj-x 500
10-22-2003, 04:55 PM
i'd weld the fuck out of it. cheaper then buying a spool or a locker. what kinda gears you run now? t-case? tire size? engine? just remember with a stock t-case, the 5.12's will "correct" for 38's, not considering the added weight.

84 sj410 with 16v w/EFI, auto 4-spd, 4.63 gears, 7 inches wider then stock, 31x10.50 mickey thompson baja claws, 6 + inches of lift
broken u-joint count: 2

FU Toolbag
10-22-2003, 09:22 PM
I had disks on my lj with the sammi axles. Easy setup actually. If your in Kelowna I could show you this weekend. Could even weld up your spiders if you like. Is it front or rear witht the bad spiders?

OKOR[f]
72 super beatle
1 lwb Sammi- 2.4 deisel
1 lwb sammi "avalanch"
1 suzuki lj 80- toy axles, 2.3 turbo power
1 69 tlc- straight frame, 350 power
1 75 tlc-custom everything
1 76 tlc-stock, not for long
1 80 bronko-efi460-sycadelic.
1 98 FJ40, 4 tones'o'fun

Dakguy
10-23-2003, 12:50 PM
I've got (AFAIK) 3:73's, stock t-case, the amazing power of the 1.3 and 31's. My only hesitation as for welding is on road usability (is that a word?), I don't put a ton of pavement miles on but I do like to drive it to and from the trail most of the time, and I flat tow to boot. Okor, I'm in Langley so dropping by would be tough, I wouldn't mind calling you next time I'm in your area to have a look at your lwb setup. It's the rear in mine thats gone wonky.

Of all my friends, I like beer the best!