PDA

View Full Version : hartnel - becker

sj-x 500
09-27-2003, 04:54 PM
did the hartnel - becker trail today, it was moist, but not wet, so the traction was good. i got the balls up to try it in 2wd from start to finsh. and so i did, i decided to try a new trail, and ended up on an atv/dirtbike trail that started off very off camber, and ended up with some beautiful steep climbs with some hella deep ruts. i have a pic of me flexed right out *i didn't think my tires would rub!!* and stuck in one of these ruts, well, only stuck because i was in 2wd... had to lock the hubs for that one. it evertually ended up in a feild at the top of the "dixon dam" road on the becker lake main road. i found some mud pits, and i tried em in 2wd again. no matter what happens in the mud, the mickey thompson baja claw radial just doesn't want to give up traction without a fight. i got hung up on my diffs at one point, but was able to back up and try again, skidding over the muck with ease. from there out, i met a bunch of dirtbikers, and trucks with bikes and bikers in em, as well as another suzuki *bone stock but in AWESOME shape* with a father and 3 youngish girls in it. it made me want a drop top ever so much!! lol, but anyways, i'll have new pics of the run tomorrow.

PS. : i remember why i LOVE WHEELIN!

84 sj410 with 16v w/EFI, auto 4-spd, 4.63 gears, 7 inches wider then stock, 31x10.50 mickey thompson baja claws, 6 + inches of lift
broken u-joint count: 2

Chris S
09-27-2003, 05:16 PM
How do I get on the ATV trail?

http://members.shaw.ca/mudpup/images/mudpup_s.jpg

sj-x 500
09-27-2003, 05:43 PM
chris, see the reply i left in the sunday trip posting.

84 sj410 with 16v w/EFI, auto 4-spd, 4.63 gears, 7 inches wider then stock, 31x10.50 mickey thompson baja claws, 6 + inches of lift
broken u-joint count: 2