PDA

View Full Version : Thank you firefighters

KBB
08-24-2003, 01:27 PM
Well, I'm sure I'm the first webwheeler to thank you over the internet,....But thank you from everyone in the Okanagan area. A job well done.
A personal note of a few persons I personally know, Thank you Parnelli, Crazy J and Full throttle ( asshole!).
It's a real pleasure to know a few of the men that help firefight.
Thanks again and I have beer for you all, mind ya I will be drinking it with ya.:)
How it's time to stop this sucky post and I still think your all assholes!:D

http://www.funinbc.com/forum/uploaded/killerbugsbunny/200371305027_the%20finger.jpg Carnage 4x4

burnt03
08-24-2003, 03:32 PM
I second that (the asshole part)

But seriously, thanks guys

1978 FJ40 ("The Antichrist")

lizard
08-24-2003, 04:44 PM
they probably pissed the fire out with all the beer they drank...

But seriously, that shit is hard work , And everyone knows it
[36][3][3][3][3][3][3][3][3][36]
Good work guys& gals.

KBB
08-24-2003, 05:20 PM
No only just some asshole is able to do that! Jk

Oh before I forget Go fuck your mother's hat, For lizard did!

http://www.funinbc.com/forum/uploaded/killerbugsbunny/200371305027_the%20finger.jpg Carnage 4x4

Westonian
08-24-2003, 05:57 PM
Yup some damn fine work, Out there,, DAmn fine Work I say,,

Toyota Robots In Disguise
"Life begins where the pavement Ends"
http://members.shaw.ca/wheeling_experience/4x41.htm

Toyrantula
08-25-2003, 07:10 PM
You guys wouldn`t believe what Barriere look like. We came back from prince George that way today and what a mess. Talk about hit and miss on the homes. It is unbelievable. The devastation.......words can`t describe. I sat with friends we met at the McClure restaraunt and we chatted. The stories tear your damn heart out. You just sit there feeling so fuckin useless and also guilty cause your in a safe area.

I can not imagine what Kelowna must look like. I almost fear a trip into the Chute Lk area.

A GOOD friend will bail you out of jail,

A BEST friend will will be sitting beside you saying"that was fawkin` awesome!"

kootenaycat
08-25-2003, 07:42 PM
I don't think we will ever be able to say thanks enough to the guys and gals fighting the fires all over BC. We had a scare couple hours ago here. We noticed more smoke then usual overhead, then shortly after that, 7 firetrucks went screaming up the road! We only have 2 fire trucks in our community and they were already attending the fire, so the others came in from standby from surrounding communities. Fortunately it was only a grass fire started by a faulty transformer, but the fire departments weren't taking any chances and called in reinforcements.

imported_n/a
08-27-2003, 01:49 PM
It is crazy dry out there as you all know. I have worked 5 major forest fires in the last month. OK Mountain was going to happen at some point. Tight bush and lots of dry fuel everywhere. The wind usually blows towards Kelowna from there also. I was in Barriere for quite sometime and it was just as bad. The pine needles were several inches deep in the bush. When the fire was at it's worst we had burning pine cones and branches falling from the sky several miles ahead of the fire. I couldn't believe they let the people of Barriere back into their homes as early as they did. There was fire burning on three sides of town and as little as a mile away. One good gust of wind and people get killed. Political pressure I guess.
My hat goes off to the Salvation Arm of setting up the food trucks and also to the Barriere BBQ Guy. He had a big BBQ trailer set up behind the Barriere Fire Hall. By far the best food I had all month. Almost worth going back up there for seconds[:p], I said almost.
[3]

[8]

Remember a skirt can be a kilt but high heels are always high heels.
Write that down.