PDA

View Full Version : TRAIL REPAIRS?

In The Zone
07-09-2003, 02:45 PM
Wondering what is the Hardest as well what is the easiest repair you have had to do to your or some one else's rig ON THE TRAIL?

Mine the worst would be the Oil Pump[:0] the easiest Plugging a Tire[36]

It' a FORD need I say More.....

Broncoo
07-09-2003, 02:56 PM
worst= blown t-case
easiest=blown hub

OK4x4

Vanilla Gorilla
07-09-2003, 02:56 PM
broken axel(rear) and tranny the next weekend

I was once told "if you dont break anyting, you are not trying" and i think i have lived up to that.

Broncoo
07-09-2003, 02:59 PM
oh yeah and a blown 900cc sammi engine we had a spare in my buddys truck and replaced the engine in the middle of a pond this being in my home town (courtenay Vanc. isle.)

OK4x4

KBB
07-09-2003, 03:25 PM
Personally- this spring broke a front leaf spring into two one week, next weekend wore our the front bushing (leaf)then the next weekend I snaped off the rear drive shaft.
But lately , I broke my tire and hub completely off the axle on my camping trailer loaded with camping gear. I was completely fucked. There was no way of fixing it.
I have pictures and will post later, but I ended up cutting several trees and tying them under the trailer (peg leg)and dragging the bitch out.
We were way the fuck behind peachland. Got it out, but it really got interesting driving on pavement with a shit load smoke behind the rig. Boy you sure do get some funny looks when people are looking at you doing something totally illegal.
Just ask (Full throttle) about it.
Oh, I almost forgot, dropped a tree on his hood too. Sorry again Jason!

One AREO DYNAMIC CHALLENGED 350TBI,rvcam,sm465,np241,D44-detroitelectrac,c14ffgovloc,4-10gears,r-sliders,6-prollcage,37mtr's on 15x10 steelies,9000winch,electricooling,shower,tracbar,r eversal shackles,4"s-lift,1.5"b-lift,lots of recovery equipment,swaybar disconnects,cb

jeeper
07-09-2003, 03:47 PM
Broken steering knuckle ,,,On the way up to Placer Lake,(on the Bypass hill) as well as a spun two piece axle at the same time !It was fun dragging the truck up the hill with the steering knuckle held together with ratchet straps and no rear drive to assist,, We made it up to Placer and Kevs Bro brought up the repair parts the next day , so the fix was able to be done at camp :)

One of the longest trail breaks was Anns Explorer got a bunch of small twigs etc in behind the clutch fingers(NO DRIVE AT ALL )We didnt know what it was at the time but we dragged a explorer all the way out from Wells lake to coalmont then trailered it down the next day (We had to come home and pick up a trailer first)There was an amazing amount of work involved in winching ,dragging , pulling etc to get that ford out,, even help from strangers !!!Got to love it when someone you dont know is willing to put out a lot of effort !

Bruce

....o_o_o_o
./| ,[_____],
|ŻŻŻL--O|||||||O_
()_)Ż()_) ŻŻŻ )_)
Ignorance is BLIX

On the Zone
07-09-2003, 05:15 PM
Killerbugsbunny : thats hilarious The tree Huggers would SHIT their fucking pants if they saw that.[9][15][36]

I have to log on as In the zone

sj-x 500
07-10-2003, 03:14 PM
easiest: lost muffler, poped back on.
worst..: roll? yea, i think it was the roll

84 sj410 with 96 x-90 running gear, 31x10.50 mickey thompson baja claws, 5 + inches of lift
broken u-joint count: 2

lizard
07-11-2003, 06:31 PM
I snapped my axle spring an tore of the shock on the baja an had to repair it were it was as it cant move without one. had to hike out call a buddy , go home, fab up a brace, go back up to bush,full size 4x4 couldnt get to it,, drill (12 volt inverter worked great) an bolt on fab piece an get it back out the bush....... also overheated the clutch another time climbing threw a deact and had to comealong it out,( took 4 hrs)in 70 dgree weather an hordes of HUGE squito's an black flys...
easyist was poppin the valve cover an rockers back on after a rock tore it off...
This is why I try to do the hard 4x4in on saturdays only...

[img=right]http://www.funinbc.com/forum/uploaded/lizard/20021230205626_lochness_monster_saying_hi_md_clr.g if[/img=right]

bring me a shrubbery