PDA

View Full Version : Night vision goggles

Whiplash
05-28-2003, 12:15 PM
Well what do you think?

I read it on another site years ago.
I've always wanted to try it,i'd be fun for scaring passengers.flying down logging roads with no headlights(accident waiting to happen) but in gravel pits it would be neat.Perfect for sneaking around.
Where ever you look you'd be able to see no more tripping in the dark.
What do they go for anybody know?

85 toy with a few mods

imported_n/a
05-28-2003, 12:35 PM
expect at least $600 for a cheaper but still decent pair. sure they would work fine around offroad trails at night UNTIL someone comes over the other hill with 4 80 watt lights blazing, once they hit your eyes it'll probably quadruple the light entering your retina [xx(] they are still sensitive pieces of equipment however and wouldnt take kindly to being in the back of a truck bouncing around, etc. i have a few names in calgary that would give you wholesale if you'd like to pic up a pair.

There aint no replacement for displacement

Whiplash
05-28-2003, 12:57 PM
quote:Originally posted by Parnelli

expect at least $600 for a cheaper but still decent pair. sure they would work fine around offroad trails at night UNTIL someone comes over the other hill with 4 80 watt lights blazing, once they hit your eyes it'll probably quadruple the light entering your retina [xx(] they are still sensitive pieces of equipment however and wouldnt take kindly to being in the back of a truck bouncing around, etc. i have a few names in calgary that would give you wholesale if you'd like to pic up a pair.

But how much are decent light's and higher output alternator.The cost is not that bad if you compare.I don't know I never had much luck with extra lights on my truck.For some reason the light was never where it was needed.Yea I know all about bright lights and night vison.That was a prank those guys did, when near the top of a steep hill they'd shine a flashlight in there eyes:D
To bad you can't rent them but maybe there is a place where you can.
I'm gonna look into this more.

85 toy with a few mods

BeerBaron666
05-28-2003, 01:34 PM
they do have new ones that don't give any flash when you shine light in them. And if you know anyone that works at London Drugs (I did) you can order them through there or you can try the spy store downtown, it might me called spy vs. spy but not to sure. Night vision would be pretty cool, it would make night wheelin easyer[5]

"Allright brain you don't like me and I don't like you but lets just do this and I can get back to killing you with beer!"- Homer J Simpson

lizard
05-28-2003, 02:18 PM
a buddy of mine got a pair at costco..300-400$ not sure but they do work I tryed them when u couldnt see 5 feet in front of u an turn them on an there u go u see evrything......pretty cool

jeeper
05-28-2003, 03:59 PM
We used some Canadian Military ones a few years back up at norton Lake,, Played hide and seek,,, It sure was easy to find the guys hiding!! Lots of FUN !!!!!!!!!!

....o_o_o_o
./| ,[_____],
|ŻŻŻL--O|||||||O_
()_)Ż()_) ŻŻŻ )_)
Ignorance is BLIX

imported_n/a
05-28-2003, 06:11 PM
oh yeah, no doubt they are sweet things to have! $300-400 costco? i'll have to have a look at those. the ones i knew about were the canadian military spec ones ranged from i believe $500 to $1100. there certainly are cheaper ones but durability goes down the hole real fast the cheaper they are i heard. its a good subject to check into further[3]

imported_n/a
05-28-2003, 10:30 PM
I think there's another spy/stalking store called 'I Spy' or 'Eye Spy' as well, somewhere on West Broadway in Vancouver. I thought I saw them somewhere else, but it was binoculars or a monocular... I think it was a camera store like 'Kerrisdale' or something...

Just Give'r!!!

lizard
05-31-2003, 04:57 PM
I was a Lever arms in Vancouver and saw 3 pairs of nightvision monoculars for about 250- 400 depending on model.

muky
06-03-2003, 01:49 PM
uhhhh huh huh huh huh huh huh . Night vision rules!!!!

Yah heh heh heh heh heh heh heh heh heh.

You can take the boy out of the country, but you cant take the country out of the boy.