PDA

View Full Version : turbo 400 (jeep)

imported_n/a
05-21-2003, 02:09 PM
what does it take to swap the inards out of a turbo 400 with a 10 spline output shaft over to whatever the chev output spline is? is the np205 t-case a passenger side diff case?

There aint no replacement for displacement

pumpkin
05-21-2003, 03:07 PM
It is not too difficult, just take the innards out, do your changes, and put it back together. The Chevy np205 t-case is on the passenger side.

imported_n/a
05-21-2003, 04:40 PM
ok... now what about mounting to the tranny? is the 205 the same 4 bolt pattern to the tranny as the quadratrac is? with the case being cast instead of aluminum like the quad will the crossmemeber be sufficient to hold the extra weight.. what am i saying? i'll end up fabbing up something better anyway ;)

pumpkin
05-21-2003, 05:18 PM
I would copy what GM did.There is a tranny mount as well as a mount for the t case.As far as the bolt patern I am not sure,but you could probably use the GM adaptor.You didn't say what you have and what you need.

imported_n/a
05-21-2003, 08:22 PM
well i currently run a quadratrac t-case in the 78 j-10. after i finish off blowing up the 2 t-cases i wanted to swap in a strong np205. just want to know what i will be getting myself into, just finished off a SPOA after about 2 months of thinkin and planning (only being able to work on weekends) and i dont want the rig down for anywhere near that long again, so i want to pre-fab whatever i may need and just bolt it all in. i have a spare turbo 400 with the 10 spline output, might just end up buying an adapter for the tranny output shaft and worry about the mounting later.