PDA

View Full Version : new noise

imported_n/a
05-19-2003, 07:53 PM
hey guys i was up at stave on the long weekend and now my truck is making a "new noise." It sounds like it is coming from the front drivers side and only happens when the wheel is doing some travelling when going overs bumps. It sounds like a "creak". The best way to describe it on here is when you are in an old house and step on an old floor board and it makes a "creeeaaakkk." It doesn't happen under normal driving conditions. Any suggestions of possible problems to look for would be greatly appreciated, or common problems related to the front end.

Thanks alot!

'87 Ford Ranger

richsworkshop
05-19-2003, 09:10 PM
If you had leaf springs then I would say u-bolts have loosened up.... but the 87 ranger had TTB and coils.... is your's still stock?

Mainly you will be looking for loose fasteners and/or brackets.
Check the radius arm bushings and the actual radius arm to axle bolts. Check the TTB bushings...

Sounds like you loosened up something in the front suspension while wheelin'.... and it just needs to be tightened up again. Not to worry, it happens![16]

Rich [}:)]
(aka Stax)

"It's ALL GOOD!"

TTC 2003 Here We COME!

muky
05-20-2003, 06:56 AM
doesnt sound like anything serious , just a bushing getting a little too comfortable . My jeep makes all kinds of creaking noises when it is flexing , its just bushings squeaking under presure. Thats what it sounds like to me. Thats just stave lake , every time I go up there I get a new noise.

You can take the boy out of the country, but you cant take the country out of the boy.

imported_n/a
05-24-2003, 08:57 PM
Alright! Thanx guys...i'll keep ya posted

'87 Ford Ranger