PDA

View Full Version : World Rally TV

mista fitz
04-12-2003, 06:56 AM
so.. once I was watching some world rally driver who broke his throttle cable, drive the rest of the course with a shoelace as a replacement.... his co-pilot pulling the shoelace as they drove along..

broke mine last nite.. haha.. all I had was some vice grips and some 10 gauge wire.. hooked it up and had to hand-drive it back from coquitlam to pitt meadows. . quite the experience.

I'm sure this has happened to others here.. :p

lizard
04-12-2003, 08:08 AM
yup, 67nova ss, linkadge broke, used a piece of speaker wire, pulled it threw the firewall an had to try an look over the steering wheel as i drove!!
Also had to drive my diesel rabbit with a broken clutch cable from port coq to cloverdale with no clutch.....can u say power shift!!

4xjoy
04-12-2003, 08:18 AM
Our clutch cable broke at UBC in Van and Rob drove it home no clutch to Gibsons..... Ferry and all.

Joy
Are we havin' fun yet?!?!

imported_n/a
04-27-2003, 07:18 AM
quote:Originally posted by 4xjoy

Our clutch cable broke at UBC in Van and Rob drove it home no clutch to Gibsons..... Ferry and all.

Joy

we have a winner. that must've been a tough one coming off at gibsons

4xjoy
04-27-2003, 08:57 AM
It was not fun... but Rob is a truck driver and did well. got home and hit legion for many [3] to unwind. Figures we may have taken a couple of miles off the clutch though.

Joy