PDA

View Full Version : Body lift in S10

Sonofx51
04-07-2003, 09:26 AM
I'm buying a 3" body lift for my S10 Blazer and when i was doing some price checking one person was telling me that i couldn't do the lift in my blazer because i had a 4.3L and something to do with the wiring harness. Has anyone done one before or is this guy just talking out of his ass?

Thanks

Magna
04-07-2003, 04:36 PM
I bought, but haven't installed, a 3" body lift for my S10 Blazer.
While I was searching (Internet and local stores) for the best lift, NOT ONE retailer (nor the store I bought the lift from) asked what the motor in my truck was.

I fail to see how the engine plays any part in the body lift. The engine and entire drive train remain untouched in the lift process. There are a few things to watch for during the install (linkages, possible brake lines, fuel filler hose, etc), but I've never seen a vehicle that didn't have at least 3" of slack in the wiring harness.

Now I just need to get off my lazy ass, and install my lift.
BTW: I never heard back from you about that last run we did. Sorry that you didn't make it.

OFF-CAMBER
'86 S10 Blazer - Soon to be a little taller.

Sonofx51
04-08-2003, 06:06 AM
Ya i had to bail on that run, me and my buddy were low on cash for gas.. so we went 4x4'n just outta vernon. next run i'm gonna try to make it for sure. I think the guy that told me that the lift wont work for my truck wanted me to buy a suspesion lift ( he worked at a suspension shop ). Thanks for the info, i'm gonna try to put the lift in this weekend. I should be here by friday. [36]

Thanks

Magna
04-08-2003, 05:02 PM
Keep me updated.
If you can take some pics too.

Let me know if there is anything in particular that I may want to know in advance before I do my lift.

Magna checks ass.......nope.......still lazy. [:I]

OFF-CAMBER
'86 S10 Blazer - Soon to be a little taller.