PDA

View Full Version : shackle flip

blazinbc
01-15-2003, 11:22 AM
Has anyone seen the shackle flipover done on the rear springs instead off the 4 inch block.I sold a guy some parts and he had the brackets all made buy some guy in the valley. I would like to get a set of the brackets or if somebody has them if i could take a look so i could duplicate them with bruces help of coarse

85_GMC_4x4
01-15-2003, 11:58 AM
This is something I plan on doing this winter.

Wanna get rid of some of that block under my springs.

I'm not going to buy new brackets tho... just modify my current ones.

Try going to www.coloradok5.com I believe they have an article there about this.

85 GMC 3/4T 4x4
7" BDS suspension lift
35" Mickey Thompson Baja Claw Tires
Dual fuel propane/gas
Locked rear axle
Smiley face painted on diff cover

OFF CAMBER

blazinbc
01-18-2003, 11:39 AM
Ive actually got in contact with the guy that build's the proper shackles i thought of modifying the ones on the truck but heard that they have a tendancy of breaking when wheeling hard core. i think i would rather have these ones when i get a set i will take a pic and post how much if you are interested
Lyle

richsworkshop
01-21-2003, 01:34 PM
I have done the flip both ways, using the stock shackles and brackets and building new shackles and brackets. New brackets and shackles can be made stronger than the stock stuff easier than modifying the stock stuff...

That is my 2 cents..... but I am biased... I build this kinda stuff! ;)

Rich [8)]

"Anything is possible... It all just takes TIME and MONEY!!"

blazinbc
01-22-2003, 06:58 AM
Hey rich you say you build this kinda stuff what do you charge for a set of those shackles built and ready to put on a 79 blazer Lyle

imported_n/a
02-17-2003, 07:33 PM
I put a shackle flip on my chevy a month ago. Go out to a wrecker and pick up the front hanger of the rear spring from a 2wd chevy the same year as your truck and bolt it on the back, gives you the four inches and you get more flex and better ride.

Big Ass GMC stepside, 10 inches of lift with 35's.

blazinbc
02-18-2003, 10:47 PM
Very cool thanks wildfire

imported_n/a
02-19-2003, 04:31 PM
if you ever want to check out my truck and see what I'm talking about, let me know. I'm out in abby.

Big Ass GMC stepside, 10 inches of lift with 35's.