PDA

View Full Version : Your Opinion

hamberger
11-20-2002, 08:34 AM
WARN sells a couple of reciever mounted winches. Seems like a good idea. Could use it on both my 4Rumbler and Exploder plus my dad's farm truck. I'm worried about frame strength, especially when winching off center. Anyone have any bad experiences with these or opinions ( good or bad)???

imported_n/a
11-20-2002, 10:19 AM
i owned one for a year and it did work well. Never broke any parts of my truck. was a f150 extended cab 4x4. anyways pulled me out of ditches swamps ..........pulled two moose at once one time...anyways i liked it.....EXCEPT.... the hassal of taking it off all the time.....cause here people like stealing those kinda things. even with a lock through the pin i was still weary. anyways i kept it in my rigg'n box. So the main thing is.....once ya get stuck........you gotta go put it on the front or back...whatever .....and if yer hitch is under mud...etc that is no fun.......but besides worrying about somewone ripping it off....they work great. i figure they are more suited for ranch work....hunting...light wheeling....and old people.

thats why i own one that is bolted to my truck

hope this helps

hamberger
11-22-2002, 10:21 PM
Thanx for the info. I'll be usin' it on a couple of vehicles and maybe lending it out too! I think Princess Auto has the best price?