View Full Version : Pinched

04-23-2017, 10:22 PM
I got busted for no mud flaps on Friday cock suckers. And that my tires were sticking out a 1" like really is that really that bad. I have a grand Cherokee they never came with mud flaps. So F off. I'm sure they came with 33" muds so why bug me hahaha. Im sure lots of u have gotten the 500$ fine what did you guys use to fake them for the pic. For the dispute pics I'm thinking floor mats and a blown up bike tire for fake fender flares. All I need is a pic for the judge

04-23-2017, 10:47 PM
It is the season for the crack down on mud flaps tires exposed
Seems like almost as much work to fake it as to fix it:dontknow:
And try making a cop look like a idiot in court usually doesn't work out in your favour
You end up have him looking for you
And is there a cop car without dash cameras now the cop may show up with pictures of your jeep as it was when you where pulled over
And then you have a judge pissed because you wasted court and his time

Take it how you want my land cruiser also never came with flairs and mud flaps
Has them now I hate driving down a fsr in the rain and not being able to see out the mirrors and wipers grinding on the sand the tires are throwing

04-23-2017, 11:11 PM

7.06 Every motor vehicle, trailer and semitrailer not constructed so that the spray and splash of water and mud to the rear of the vehicle is minimized shall be equipped with mudguards and, if necessary, mudflaps.

In addition, the vehicle inspection manual (Superintendent's Standards) says the following:

Inspection Item:

c) fenders, quarter panels and mudflaps

NOTE: All vehicles including modified collectors, Vintage, Ubilt, replicar, replikit and speciality vehicles require fenders/quarter panels.

Reject if:

c) so damaged or corroded that factory installed lamps cannot be secured as per factory installation method, missing section torn or corroded away so road spray is not controlled, not full-tread width of tire, fitted so that it could cause interference with steering mechanism or cause rubbing of tires when suspension bottomed and steering moved stop to stop, includes rear wheels

The sidewall of the tire isn't going to sling much to the rear because it doesn't extend much past the tread of the tire, but the entire tread does need to be covered.

Pasted from mva regs

04-24-2017, 08:34 AM
Lawn edging. Cheap and flexible

04-24-2017, 09:14 PM
I should be fine then,

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o292/whitetrashxj/C140E206-31BE-4ABC-9F60-52D01A1CE899.jpg (http://s123.photobucket.com/user/whitetrashxj/media/C140E206-31BE-4ABC-9F60-52D01A1CE899.jpg.html)

04-25-2017, 09:47 AM
Yours looks perfectly normal. I'm get the lawn edge. Need it anyways for inside my door

04-25-2017, 05:51 PM
Yeah what he said . I need some lawn edging . 5 min on a wet login road and I can't see shit out my windows or mirrors.lol

04-25-2017, 07:07 PM
It's just for a pic. The cop already told me he's not showing up and to just make the picture look good. I still don't understand why he wrote me the ticket and then circled the dispute number and told me to fix it as cheap as possible and take a good picture of it. I'm very confused about the whole thing But the lawn trim will fit perfect in my front door where sand and mud is hitting the door hinges

04-25-2017, 08:18 PM
But why not just fix it instead of giving them a reason to pull you over again
And just because he said what he did doesn't mean he won't pull you over again and write you up
Unless you like taking time off work to sit in court all day
I can think of lots better places to hang out when taking time off work
Beach stripper bar fishing etc

04-27-2017, 07:52 AM
I'm looking for proper fender flares. I'm just a cheap fucker and don't want to spend 1000$. For some plastic

04-27-2017, 02:40 PM
Some of the real fender flares break easy. Lawn edging gives