View Full Version : Mission observatory

07-16-2016, 09:26 AM
Anybody else followed this? It seems to me that this is more of a personal battle between the mayor and the volunteers who built this, then it is common sense.
A lot of people seem to like the building, leave it be imo.

Some articles:

07-16-2016, 10:01 AM
That's What happens when polititions run things
This year may have been the last year for Father's Day in the park car show
Due to the fee for using the park drastically being increased
By the district of mission
They are trying to find another venue

07-16-2016, 11:31 AM
They should just move it to the race track if Mission city is going to be Cunty

07-16-2016, 08:47 PM
And deal with the car club [27] [27]
That is one possibility that was discussed

07-16-2016, 09:40 PM
Could make a nice hut out of it :dontknow:

I'm not here
07-17-2016, 07:52 AM
It's just a fuckin' shack with a patio on the end, big deal, tear it down before the gays and black lives matter groups start a sit-in-protest.

07-17-2016, 09:53 AM
It's more about the fact that hawes & co seemed to have a personal issue from before, and now canned the volunteers and took control them selves.

Next thing they are undoing things that volunteers put time and money into with the excuse that the building doesn't meet their red tape standards.

I always felt that the park was managed in a decent way, and there were lots of events. The candle light festival is also canceled, even though it is listed in the events flyer.

Too bad, a lot of people seemed quite excited about the observatory as a kids destination.
A lot of those people put their own time & money into it. Quite ignorant of hawes & co to just tear it apart when it is a long ways done.

Evan the Blue
07-17-2016, 11:36 AM
Really seems like Mission has bad luck with its municipal leaders ... although most people in politics at any level seem to be shady

07-18-2016, 09:29 AM
I have been following it alot. And a lot of people are misinformed to what actual happened.

Brian A and MHA were tied close to the old crew in power and had a lot of verbal approvals for buildings. They started building things without proper permits. And the new governing body put a stop to it. There was a lot of internal BS going on with this. The observatory business plan was extremely flawed and the MHA discredited any of the professionals that picked apart the business plan. They were banking on school children funding this thing, which is ridiculous to think.

And in regards to the building permits, they didnt have any for the observatory. If I was to start building something and didnt have permits, I would get a stop work order and probably have to tear it down. Just like they did.

The Mayor involved Habitat for Humanity to sell off some of the used stuff to tear down and the old MHA and friends started threatening them. Pretty classy by the old MHA and friends...

Sorry, sometimes you have to just cut your losses. I think it was fuckin stupid to start building all that shit, it made the park look terrible. Especially the junk house at the back east section.

07-18-2016, 09:32 AM
George Evens, Rick Ross and Brian A have a crazy hard on for Randy Hawes and love to spew shit all day long.

07-18-2016, 12:01 PM
Guess it's a bigger park lol haven't seen the observatory or this junk house
Then again only times I have been there is for cruiser days and Father's Day in park and buisy looking at cars and bimbos

m j
07-23-2016, 03:29 PM
apparently the roof already leaks and it is pretty much an unsafe structure. sucks that people put time and $$ in to it without having a construction crew that knew how to build it.