PDA

View Full Version : New Toy for me

BleepinJeep
03-14-2016, 04:35 PM
So I have finally crossed over to the dark side and bought myself a new quad[36].
2016 Polaris Sportsman 570SP. Have only been able to put 18km on it so far but am loving every minute of it. Power steering is fucking amazing!:party0010:

Summer just got alot more fun for this guy. Anyways here are a couple pics of it. Was having too much fun riding to get any action shots, next time

harvester_sorrow
03-14-2016, 04:45 PM
Now you can roll with the cool kids

BleepinJeep
03-14-2016, 05:11 PM
For the last 2 seasons I rode a friends Yamaha 125 and while I took that thing places where it should never had been able to go it just cant compete with a real machine. This thing rides like a Cadillac:cool:

Trailjunkie
03-14-2016, 05:18 PM
nice machine man. im looking to quad up soon to

BleepinJeep
03-14-2016, 06:17 PM
Thanks trailjunkie, I would recommend at least checking out the Polaris line, their pricing is good and they are supposed to have the best and only true 4wd on the market. Power steering is amazing, no sore shoulders after a good ride

Honky
03-14-2016, 08:17 PM
What does that mean only true 4wd?

Honky
03-14-2016, 08:24 PM
Polaris calls it true 4-wheel drive because when it is engaged it is indeed sending full power to all 4 wheels all the time irregardless of the traction conditions under the wheels. The system senses differential wheel speed between the front and the rear and then engages within 1/5 wheel revolution. I believe there must be a 20% difference in wheel speed before the system engages.

BleepinJeep
03-14-2016, 08:43 PM
Yes whereas with some of the others it's like having limited slip or open diffs.
I will make sure to take some pics some good stucks.

longhorn
03-14-2016, 09:03 PM
Anyone buying a Polaris check out Williams lake dealer they sell more Polariss cheaper than anywhere in Western Canada

Lieutenant Johnson
03-14-2016, 09:41 PM
Sellout ;)

Nice ride

harvester_sorrow
03-14-2016, 10:52 PM
I have limited slip in the front of mine. Sucks balls

Just means I get to whisky throttle through obstacles [36]

BleepinJeep
03-14-2016, 11:01 PM
Anyone buying a Polaris check out Williams lake dealer they sell more Polariss cheaper than anywhere in Western Canada

That's where I bought it, at Spectra Powersports, 1500 less than anywhere else.
Of course bought the extended 5 year full warranty.

Thanks Lj Johnson [cheers] it needed to happen cause there is so many more
Quadding trails than jeep trails around here

Lieutenant Johnson
03-15-2016, 02:27 PM
I see now why you couldnt come to my wedding...jerk

BleepinJeep
03-15-2016, 06:00 PM
I see now why you couldnt come to my wedding...jerk
:vroam:
Actually the two things were not related, but I'm still sorry bud.

Metal Mulisha
03-16-2016, 09:56 AM
Sweet [36]

epic3
03-16-2016, 10:42 AM
Polaris calls it true 4-wheel drive because when it is engaged it is indeed sending full power to all 4 wheels all the time irregardless of the traction conditions under the wheels. The system senses differential wheel speed between the front and the rear and then engages within 1/5 wheel revolution. I believe there must be a 20% difference in wheel speed before the system engages.

Hmmm my kodiak does that with the optional lockers.

vajayjay
03-16-2016, 10:57 AM
That's where I bought it, at Spectra Powersports, 1500 less than anywhere else.
Of course bought the extended 5 year full warranty.

Thanks Lj Johnson [cheers] it needed to happen cause there is so many more
Quadding trails than jeep trails around here

:dontknow:

Quad trails/jeep trails, same thing
Anywhere a quad can go a jeep can go

:party0010:

BleepinJeep
03-16-2016, 11:58 AM
Hmmm my kodiak does that with the optional lockers.

Yes with optional lockers, not straight from factory [cheers]

BleepinJeep
03-16-2016, 12:00 PM
:dontknow:

Quad trails/jeep trails, same thing
Anywhere a quad can go a jeep can go

:party0010:

Unfortunately I have proven this not to be true, at least not without constant stopping and chainsaw use to make new trails

kootenaycat
03-17-2016, 04:41 AM

I never did like the design of this, electric hubs on the old ones, built into the front diff on newer models. They use a one way roller clutch so engine braking is non existent on the front wheels. Some have ADC, my 2010 850 did but worked half the time, the other half I was sliding down the steep trails because the engine braking was awesome but only working on the back tires lol! I'll take the locking diffs on my Grizz and Kawi Teryx any day. The Polaris does have the best power steering though

B
03-17-2016, 05:44 AM
I never did like the design of this, electric hubs on the old ones, built into the front diff on newer models. They use a one way roller clutch so engine braking is non existent on the front wheels. Some have ADC, my 2010 850 did but worked half the time, the other half I was sliding down the steep trails because the engine braking was awesome but only working on the back tires lol! I'll take the locking diffs on my Grizz and Kawi Teryx any day. The Polaris does have the best power steering though

[stupid]

[cheers]