PDA

View Full Version : WCC - Grotto and "Grandmas Cottage"

Lieutenant Johnson
04-27-2015, 11:11 PM
Headed out last Sunday , to catch up with the guys running Fuct..I wanted to get out and test my new to me GoPro Hero3+ [36] I ended up finding them and we went and ran Grotto a couple times and a new trail I named "Grandmas Cottage". Was a wicked day with a solid group of wheelers, that ended with a gnarly trail and a rollover :whistle: made for a lonnnnng night , glad we all made it out okay !

The go pro worked out well..still need to fine tune it and not use the wifi as it drains the battery. It died pretty quick :whistle:

Anyways heres the vids and pics I got [cheers]...The last trail was a winch fest in some parts..some deep stinky mud holes and tight trees, there is alot more gnarly trail than whats on the tape, but Rons a union worker so he didnt believe in photographing on his day off :dontknow:

GoPro Test of the Grotto

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nunW94mjN_E

"Grandmas Cottage" ..and a bit of Grotto

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCGQeU2vYI4&

harvester_sorrow
04-28-2015, 12:19 AM
Go union!
Nice sidewall gash

Random spot to roll. Clip the stump?

atoyot
04-28-2015, 12:24 AM
i see trucks made it up the greenbelt:)

C-Dog
04-28-2015, 12:58 AM
Fck eh looks like good times were had that's for sure

I was gonna say at 1st I see that it was Ron's turn for a u joint failure and then bammmm he tops it off with that :(

Shitty deal for sure man glad he's all good though

vajayjay
04-28-2015, 06:36 AM
That's not Grandmas cottage, thats a trail called Greenbelt

Looks like a good day except for the end :D

evdog
04-28-2015, 06:41 AM
Nice pics and chalk another jeep up for Ron. How many can he destroy lol

hoser
04-28-2015, 08:10 AM
How did he roll it ? All I see is flat fsr

Honky
04-28-2015, 08:29 AM
shitty deal on the roll. Glad he was ok. I need to get out on the trails with you guys

Lieutenant Johnson
04-28-2015, 08:50 AM
Well he clipped the stump after hitting a large pothole has no rear shocks...lost it

And it remains "Grandmas Cottage" to us...was a fitting name for a run like that

vajayjay
04-28-2015, 10:51 AM
We built that trail and it's called greenbelt

dammit

:rules

canuckxj
04-28-2015, 10:51 AM
fun trail
thanks for sharing the media

Lieutenant Johnson
04-28-2015, 11:03 AM
We built that trail and it's called greenbelt

dammit

:rules

I didnt claim we built it...but i named it something i would remember..keep it greenbelt to u [cheers] wish it would connect to Cedar plank

kingg5
04-28-2015, 11:15 AM
is that the other side of cedar plank you were looking at a while back?

Lieutenant Johnson
04-28-2015, 11:21 AM
is that the other side of cedar plank you were looking at a while back?

Yup [36]

kingg5
04-28-2015, 11:26 AM
shit son...thats fuckin epic.

great pics and vids! sucks to the jk without a spare HAHA

Honky
04-28-2015, 11:40 AM
I call that trail sticky stump......soooooooooo

Lieutenant Johnson
04-28-2015, 12:10 PM
shit son...thats fuckin epic.

great pics and vids! sucks to the jk without a spare HAHA

Provably best he blew a tire...he wasnt gonna last long following us :)

kingg5
04-28-2015, 12:46 PM
Provably best he blew a tire...he wasnt gonna last long following us :)

i wondered how far he made it LOL

vajayjay
04-28-2015, 03:05 PM
I didnt claim we built it...but i named it something i would remember..keep it greenbelt to u [cheers] wish it would connect to Cedar plank

:D

Been trying for years to get to cedar plank from there or cedar plank to somewhere, finally worked our way into the weird trees there and found a way out one day and that's as far as we've gone so far

Lieutenant Johnson
04-28-2015, 03:29 PM
:D

Been trying for years to get to cedar plank from there or cedar plank to somewhere, finally worked our way into the weird trees there and found a way out one day and That s as far as we've gone so far well if its okay.. We are gonna go back and hack our way thru or make some more tracks.. Nice to find new terrainoh yeah

Got some ideas up Eagle too

vajayjay
04-28-2015, 06:30 PM
There was once about 6 trucks all over that muddier part of the trail before the trees, everyone trying to find they're own way through somewhere :D

Happypants
04-28-2015, 06:47 PM
I only got 2 min in and had to turn it off, soooo slooooowww!! lol

That white jk, did he not know his tires were cranked to the left lol

Lieutenant Johnson
04-28-2015, 09:02 PM
There was once about 6 trucks all over that muddier part of the trail before the trees, everyone trying to find they're own way through somewhere :D

Sweet! That would have been cool to see..a whole lot of Braaaaap!

harvester_sorrow
04-28-2015, 09:11 PM
That's not Grandmas cottage, thats a trail called Greenbelt

Looks like a good day except for the end :D

Over the river and through the woods to grandmother's house we go

SHITTY
04-28-2015, 09:29 PM
sweet vids and pics. go pro worked out nicley for you[36]

Lieutenant Johnson
04-28-2015, 10:39 PM
sweet vids and pics. go pro worked out nicley for you[36]

Thanks bud [cheers] other than the wifi burning up the battery life, I was impressesd for 150$ [36] next time will be better vids for Grumpypants

OldEnuff
04-28-2015, 11:13 PM
Fawk I miss my Bronco.. it loved trails like that.. well not the body :D

rktj
04-30-2015, 10:09 PM
Fck eh looks like good times were had that's for sure

I was gonna say at 1st I see that it was Ron's turn for a u joint failure and then bammmm he tops it off with that :(

Shitty deal for sure man glad he's all good though

Love it a LA mode if Ya know what I mean[36]

But really, I did clip the stump, after catching the soft shoulder, the harness bar saved my life. Stopped the windshield from clapsing on me cause the b pillar didn't crumple sideways when It hit. No injuries, already got a line on a rubi and have a synergy rear coil over kit and 12 inch travel coil overs for the new jeep.

Icbc gonna let me have my seats and brand new maxxis treps. Nice start, I'll be back in no time.

C-Dog
05-01-2015, 12:15 AM
Love it a LA mode if Ya know what I mean[36]

But really, I did clip the stump, after catching the soft shoulder, the harness bar saved my life. Stopped the windshield from clapsing on me cause the b pillar didn't crumple sideways when It hit. No injuries, already got a line on a rubi and have a synergy rear coil over kit and 12 inch travel coil overs for the new jeep.

Icbc gonna let me have my seats and brand new maxxis treps. Nice start, I'll be back in no time.

Fkn Eh bro [36]