PDA

View Full Version : Fuk u bird

Tunabomber
04-02-2015, 02:32 PM
Been tryn to evict the bird from under my hood for almost 2 years.... Im about 1 more attempt away from a carelessly discarded cigarette.

Yesterday while doing a pre trip inspection i said fjuck it and even though i know its only a bandaid i resorted to a can of belt dressing ( yes i know its primarily for v belts)

Pow gone.... Fuck ya!! Finally...

Then this moring @ 530 lol i hit the auto start..... Guess what?

Yup bird is back.. This time the little fucker brought a friend with pa speaker..... Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh so loud i cant belive its a belt issue.

So after a embarrassing drive to work i bought yet another belt this time one that's 1.5" shorter.

If it dont work just look for smoke and sirens and a guy rocking back and fourth giggiling.

Ps.
New tensioner, ac bypass pulley, alternator and smooth spinning water pump, fan and ps pulley.

redman
04-02-2015, 04:23 PM
Sounds like something a shotgun could fix...

4skin
04-02-2015, 05:04 PM
belt dressing on serpentine belt bad bad bad
it will glue back side of belt to whatever runs on back side of belt
and peel belt apart
the real fun is trying to clean it all off all the pulleys

Happypants
04-02-2015, 05:22 PM
MAbet you have a pulley that's not aligned true? My cj used to
Have belt squeal all the fucking time, then after I blew the motor up, while re doing it I found the alternator bracket was fuckin backwards and upside down lol, it wasn't sitting true to
The rest of the pulleys, but I think it was done like that for the York compressor that was on the motor, but now it never squeals, unless I try jump starting todds cruiser lol

Tunabomber
04-02-2015, 07:08 PM
It's finally fixed...

Washed all pulleys with brake clean then wire wheel on drill and water... Wiped dry and installed a belt 1.5 inch shorter.

Nothing not a peep.... 2 fucken years and it's finaly quiet

4skin
04-02-2015, 07:40 PM
and you just jinxed yourself

Tunabomber
04-02-2015, 07:54 PM
Did didn't i.... Fuck.... Be a nervous key turn tomorrow i guess

Honky
04-02-2015, 09:16 PM
Here is a song for you to download

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1t3cBTb3xPc

lol