View Full Version : West Harrison to Pemberton closure

01-27-2015, 06:47 PM
I heard recently road got washed away or something... anyone knows if it is open and drivable with a full-size truck? [cheers]

02-07-2015, 02:47 PM
Definite road closures again on the Pemberton side of this road. Also T'sek, Skook, St. Agnes what ever you wanna call it hot springs is under water...
Reported on FaceBook yesterday, Feb. 6th/2015 ... ""I just received a report from my cabin person that was just down at the tubs, the hotspring source still cool, and the creek has risen over the walkway bridges, so it has come up since I was down there this afternoon. Theres a couple outfits arrived to camp but sounds like they pulling out tomorrow, rotten camping for no hot water. It is still really coming down out there, so a strong possibility of the road going out somewhere"".

The King Machine
02-10-2015, 09:08 AM
I was up there all weekend. Lots of water. Pemberton side road closures for work every 2 hours. Friday night the hot springs were cold and washed out.
By Saturday noon most of the water was gone and the tubs were warm

02-10-2015, 10:04 AM
Thanks for update, I heard the Pemberton side road is washed out at KM73 and can't get to hot springs from North anymore!?

The King Machine
02-10-2015, 10:43 AM
I didn't hear anything about a washout at 73. I was at ST Agnes Well 45km,
I thought I heard while there Sloquet tubs had washed out completely again Friday night. So a couple people turned around and stayed at St Agnes.

Friday afternoon on the way in The GF and I figured we were going to be trapped up there. The road looked suspect in a few areas, downed trees, soft shoulders, fresh boulders and rocks strewn across the road.
I spent most of the weekend trying to help Robin (the Cabin guy) to get his water/electric generating system back on line. The creek that feeds it burst over his dam and wrecked the water inlet. Sent a bunch of crap down the pipe to the generator below.

02-10-2015, 10:56 AM
Darn, so probably I shouldn't try the St Angus for this weekend, eh!
or does it sounds like it will some what back in order?

The King Machine
02-10-2015, 11:14 AM
St Agnes good
Sloquet bad

Come in from Pemberton and you should be good to go

02-10-2015, 11:31 AM
Cheers bud [cheers]