PDA

View Full Version : Xj transfer case skid.

Ryansxj
01-23-2015, 07:16 PM
I am looking to build a skid for the tcase on my 97 xj. Already busted a hold in one housing so I already had to change out a tcase and now I don't got anymore spares. What would be the easiest way to fab one up. Are there any sites with a dxf file for drawings on how to build one? I ask because I have access to a flow water jet system and the computer can only read dxf files. Any help/advice is appreciated. Not looking for an overly complex design, just weld a couple pieces of plate together and bolt it to the "frame rails" and cross member.

Happypants
01-23-2015, 08:22 PM
I thought u had a t-case skid already dude?

Ryansxj
01-23-2015, 08:43 PM
No. That is why I was hesitant to run lower fuct last weekend. Was going to if others did it but I want to get some protection underneath before running harder trails like that. Buddy at work who runs the waterjet told me if I want some smaller stuff cut, get him a dxf file preferably or just a picture or drawing with measurements and he will sneak it in for me in between parts for work.

homeboy
01-24-2015, 11:03 PM
take some measurements and draw templates for the guy and he then can recreate it in a file and cut it out then ounce its done he can replicate for anyone.

if you dont want it to wear out or bend, cut it out of AR plate instead of mild steel. I run 3/16" AR 400 for my skids on my buggy and they work great.

or buck up and buy one from a company thats already been made. I'm sure there is a crap load of those for bolt on kits.