PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone fab a tranny mount for me?

Lieutenant Johnson
01-07-2015, 10:49 AM
The problem I have is that I installed a NV241 RocTrac case into my 97 TJ and the tranny mount doesn't fit . Because of the larger case on the 241 the back of the tranny mount hits the case, preventing about an inch of tuck for my skid plate to mount to frame... I had to put spacers in the tranny mount because of this , which puts my skid plate an inch lower....I have attached a pic as a reference.

I really don't want to space out my Belly up skid,as it defeats the purpose. If I could get the mount to work like stock I will have no problem putting skid to frame...

harvester_sorrow
01-07-2015, 11:47 AM
I could mount a tranny for you ;)

Chopstick
01-07-2015, 01:28 PM
Hahahahaha nuts lol

A standard tranny holder wont work?

Lieutenant Johnson
01-07-2015, 02:11 PM
Hahahahaha nuts lol

A standard tranny holder wont work?

hahah yeah nuts... It was almost 1am and we needed to get my jeep home so yeah we used Nuts...and no a STOCK Tranny Mount is too long and contacts bigger case where the studs are mounted

Happypants
01-07-2015, 07:22 PM
Can u cut holes where the case is hitting? My trans mount is a couple leaf spring bushings cut down and that's pretty much it lol

Mabey a trans mount or the vehicle that t case came out of? I dunno, just tossing ideas around

Lieutenant Johnson
01-07-2015, 07:36 PM
Can u cut holes where the case is hitting? My trans mount is a couple leaf spring bushings cut down and that's pretty much it lol

Mabey a trans mount or the vehicle that t case came out of? I dunno, just tossing ideas around

great ideas Nick[cheers]..thought about notching it out,but didnt really want to go that route..and the tcase came out of an 06 Jeep used a 32rh i believe and i have an AX15 so the consensus was that the bolts wont line up

Nebowe is coming over tomorrow to take a look and fab something up

Happypants
01-07-2015, 08:05 PM
As long as your trans and t-case are sitting in the right spot, right angles, just fill the gaps and good to go

Lieutenant Johnson
01-07-2015, 08:40 PM
As long as your trans and t-case are sitting in the right spot, right angles, just fill the gaps and good to go

Yup. just need that belly skid to mount flat. Just want to go wheel it

StinkFinger
01-07-2015, 09:31 PM
I can build ya what ya need

Lieutenant Johnson
01-07-2015, 09:59 PM
I can build ya what ya need

Sweet. If we cant figure it out tomorrow I wll definetly let ya know. Appreciate the offer [36]

Happypants
01-07-2015, 10:23 PM
Stinky do great work, just take it to him Todd,

Lieutenant Johnson
01-09-2015, 11:15 PM
[cheers]So stink can you help me out. Really want to get the jeep in the bush. Pmd ya

StinkFinger
01-10-2015, 01:19 AM
Did you not get my pm ?

Lieutenant Johnson
01-22-2015, 10:44 AM
Did you not get my pm ?

no I didn't get any PM Owen...

spoke to Owen today and he is really backed up for work...is there anyone else out there confident enough to make me a Tranny Mount that will work?

the stock mounts , mount to tranny and extend back to the tcase ..the new mount will have to mount to tranny and extend to the sides to mount to skid ...I am available most nights and weekend ...obviously willing to pay [36]

please let me know ..would like to have this done before 2weeks

Lieutenant Johnson
01-22-2015, 12:13 PM
just spoke to TMR Customs for about 20 min...they are running a AX5 w/ Atlas tcase a no body lift with their Universal tranny mount and Flat skid plate. The Tcase doesn't touch the tub or skid plate...

http://www.tmrcustoms.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=211_214&products_id=1630

Trailjunkie
01-22-2015, 12:44 PM
i can fab you up something no problem.
it wont fit.
it wont work.
if you make it fit , itl just fall apart.

lol am i helping now? lol

Lieutenant Johnson
01-22-2015, 12:59 PM
it wont fit.
it wont work.

sweet! do you have website or anything I can check out your fantastic work [36]

I am great at Fabbing... bashing a tub ? is that fabbing :dontknow:

hockeyryan
01-22-2015, 01:36 PM
If you know what you want and have the materials you can come and use the welder and plasma

Lieutenant Johnson
01-22-2015, 01:46 PM
If you know what you want and have the materials you can come and use the welder and plasma

thanks Ryan!

but I wouldn't have a clue brotha.... gonna try and notch out the stock mount and tub bash a bit to get it up...if not will get the TMR custom mount and be done with it ...

Trailjunkie
01-22-2015, 01:56 PM
I am great at Fabbing... bashing a tub ? is that fabbing

YES ... Yes it is but don't think just because you've seen me do it that you can just go out and buy a hammer and just start bashing. No no brotha that takes some serious skill and time put in behind the hammer.

web site is:
www.cantfabyourshitright.com
or
www.buyshitfrommeifyoudontwantgoodshit.com

Lieutenant Johnson
01-22-2015, 02:08 PM
I will put some modified pucks on top of the tcase points that need tub bashing..then just jack the shit up and let the pucks nicely dent the tub to make the room ...better than bashing

Trailjunkie
01-22-2015, 02:16 PM
that's a gooder plan right there. don't over think it eh.

Lieutenant Johnson
01-22-2015, 02:28 PM
that's a gooder plan right there. don't over think it eh.

I hear ya doug.. but us [stoned] need to think these things over you know...

just want it done so I can move on with the next jeep thing :ballsmack

harvester_sorrow
01-22-2015, 02:57 PM
it wont fit.
it wont work.

I can offer the same service :party0010:

hockeyryan
01-22-2015, 03:30 PM
I hear ya doug.. but us [stoned] need to think these things over you know...

just want it done so I can move on with the next jeep thing :ballsmack

I find it to hard to [stoned] and fab. End up overthinking everything then I get distracted and just say fuck it, I'm hungry lol

Lieutenant Johnson
01-22-2015, 03:53 PM
I find it to hard to [stoned] and fab. End up overthinking everything then I get distracted and just say fuck it, I'm hungry lol

I hear ya bud Rice

Trailjunkie
01-22-2015, 05:30 PM
lol agreed . stinky is yer man hear bud

vajayjay
01-22-2015, 06:10 PM
As soon as my jeeps done I could build you something

harvester_sorrow
01-22-2015, 07:01 PM
As soon as my jeeps done I could build you something

tumbleweed

procircuit
01-22-2015, 07:03 PM
Can't beat the price of the tmr setup.. Or SF will make something just as rad.. I'd be all over it if I wasn't up to my amazing beard in work atm

4skin
01-22-2015, 07:14 PM
just spoke to TMR Customs for about 20 min...they are running a AX5 w/ Atlas tcase a no body lift with their Universal tranny mount and Flat skid plate. The Tcase doesn't touch the tub or skid plate...
so if you buy something like this don't expect it to fit if your not running a atlas then if your running a rubicon case it's way bigger than a atlas
I would just cut out where it rubs on the x member and space it down
the inch your going to lose in belly clearance you won't really notice
and I could build something to but have a shop full of non rolling full builds
and can't work outside in the cold anymore

Lieutenant Johnson
01-22-2015, 07:34 PM
so if you buy something like this don't expect it to fit if your not running a atlas then if your running a rubicon case it's way bigger than a atlas
I would just cut out where it rubs on the x member and space it down
the inch your going to lose in belly clearance you won't really notice
and I could build something to but have a shop full of non rolling full builds
and can't work outside in the cold anymore

The Rubi Case doesnt fit with the stock tranny mount because its too thick and hangs too low..the TMR gets rid of tranny mount all together. It just bolts to tranny and skid plate to frame instead of to the clunky tranny mount.

So it should clear my skid by a mile. Appreciate all the offers guys...everyone is just too busy atm...TMR might be on order tomorrow as i have a free welding offer from a good friend if I do

Happypants
01-22-2015, 07:44 PM
Man up and make it work, quit looking for shit that u don't need,

Drop the skid down the 1" u need, otherwise, cut the skid where it's hitting and weld it all back together to make it work, take a look at my skidplate/tranny crossmember, it's got weld all over it, lol whoever did it, made it work,

harvester_sorrow
01-23-2015, 12:49 AM
if you just want a hack job i am qualified enough to do that [cheers]

Lieutenant Johnson
01-23-2015, 09:26 AM
ordered the TMR custom mount today...heres to hoping it solves it !

if not will have it for sale in the near future lol

Happypants
01-23-2015, 02:25 PM
I'll buy it off u if It doesn't work k

Lieutenant Johnson
01-23-2015, 03:12 PM
I'll buy it off u if It doesn't work k

sounds good nick...from all I have seen and responses from the Wranglerforum ..this is exactly what I need to accomplish what I am seeking...

but you are the first up if it doesn't work Nick [cheers]

Happypants
01-23-2015, 04:06 PM
Just tack weld it together first to see if it works, that way if it dosent I can still use it,

Lieutenant Johnson
01-23-2015, 04:26 PM
Just tack weld it together first to see if it works, that way if it dosent I can still use it,

yup I will only tack up the brackets on the frame and center the piping..see if the skid will bolt up ..if it don't its yours

Lieutenant Johnson
02-01-2015, 12:34 AM
Update.

Received the Universal mount and it was very nice. Metal was all prepped for welding. Beveled ends and cut to form to pipe. This is a complete raw custom kit so it took a while to fit in the jeep...but in the end work really well and i was able to mount my flat skid to frame with room to spare [36] Slight increased vibration at idle because of poly mounts but feels like it pulls better. Nice and convenient now to drop the skid:)

Happypants
02-01-2015, 10:49 AM
Looks gooder! I'll have to go buy myself one now lol

harvester_sorrow
02-01-2015, 11:11 AM
Looks flat

Lieutenant Johnson
02-01-2015, 11:28 AM
Looks gooder! I'll have to go buy myself one now lol

Yeah sorry nick it ending working great! Definetly recommend the kit..only 155 inc tax!

Happypants
02-01-2015, 12:31 PM
lol it's all good mang,

hockeyryan
02-01-2015, 09:46 PM
Looks good man. Happy it ended up working