PDA

View Full Version : Restart after 3 years???

Tunabomber
12-29-2014, 05:14 PM
Well doh!

Honda 400 atv air cooled 2005.

Stored for 3 years in the catwalk position.. Turned off gas and ran till stall then drained all oil and stored in shop.

Just tried to start after giving new oil n filter, new battery, fresh fuel, air filter, spark plug.

Got nothing first 5-6 start attempts so checked for spark ( got lots ouch)

Then tried again.... Full choke and bam she started running... Ran for 10 second then died... Now it seems to almost start but wont stay running.

Thoughts???

Thinking needs carb work i guess.... Kinda acts like its not getting enough fuel

Chody
12-29-2014, 05:30 PM
Well doh!

Honda 400 atv air cooled 2005.

Stored for 3 years in the catwalk position.. Turned off gas and ran till stall then drained all oil and stored in shop.

Just tried to start after giving new oil n filter, new battery, fresh fuel, air filter, spark plug.

Got nothing first 5-6 start attempts so checked for spark ( got lots ouch)

Then tried again.... Full choke and bam she started running... Ran for 10 second then died... Now it seems to almost start but wont stay running.

Thoughts???

Thinking needs carb work i guess.... Kinda acts like its not getting enough fuel
same thing happened to my dirtbike, it was the carb. even tho the gas was run out, some still gunked it up.
maybe tilting it let some gas settle in the wrong spot?
may have to inspect it further

Tunabomber
12-29-2014, 06:22 PM
Whooohoooo vrooom vrooom.... She lives and everything seems to be working great.

Rather not talk about why it wouldn't start.. Lets just say it was indeed fuel related lol

harvester_sorrow
12-29-2014, 06:49 PM
Whooohoooo vrooom vrooom.... She lives and everything seems to be working great.

Rather not talk about why it wouldn't start.. Lets just say it was indeed fuel related lol

I've seen that one many times lol

4skin
12-29-2014, 07:09 PM
forgot to turn fuel on or forgot to put fuel in tank

Trailjunkie
12-29-2014, 07:26 PM
lol doh

Toyquad
12-29-2014, 07:35 PM
sweet when we going riding tuna?