PDA

View Full Version : Off Road only use.....

Moondog
11-17-2014, 10:51 PM
Just a heads up for those of you with off road only vehicles. I went into my autoplan dealer today to pay the $43 for my off road plate and because my bill of sale doesn't have a GST# or a PST# or a Dealer # on it then ICBC are going to be charging the tax again for my Maverick!!! I have to go into GVP to get the correct details if I cannot provide all of the info required then I have to pay the tax this will mean that I would have paid the taxes twice!! Total fucking bullshit!!! This also applies to those of you who bought used machines if you can't provide proof that you have paid then be prepared for a shock when you go in to pay for your plate.

dirka dave
11-18-2014, 06:22 AM
They really like fucking over the atv community.

Another cash grab.

Unbelievable.

Lieutenant Johnson
11-18-2014, 08:18 AM
Yeah brutal

longhorn
11-18-2014, 09:04 AM
Just don't do it ..........Ive got 4 quads and Im not going to.

I can see it if you are riding on roads but Im always on private property.

I cant see how they can make you do it unless you are caught on crown land.

I can haul my quad around all I want , hell you don't need to insure trucks unless you are driving them iyt should be the same with quads.
I got a grandkids quad that's never left my yard Im not insuring it

Honky
11-18-2014, 09:59 AM
As I understand it. the plate is volunteer right now and comes into effect around June next year?

just another tax grab

Honky
11-18-2014, 02:36 PM
Two more points

This is not a tax grab by the government…..well YES it is but the idea was from the ATV association and was 10 years in the making.

Why would they make ATV riders put a metal plate on the rear where on the extreme trails you could slide off and cut yourself. Oregon has this but they use a sticker.

I’m not about to put insurance or plates on my atv’s anytime soon

Oh and mandatory helmets? Yeah right…

I wear a bucket on my head when I’m riding with the exception of hunting. It’s not possible to hunt with a helmet on ..that is just not going to happen

dirka dave
11-18-2014, 02:53 PM
You can't see with or without a helmet.

You helmet !! :run away

The King Machine
11-18-2014, 04:45 PM
What if a friend or family member gave the machine to you as a gift?

Still need to pay taxes?

Toyquad
11-18-2014, 05:40 PM
its the gov't, of course you pay tax.

i heard a rumor if the bill of sale is pre june 30 2010 you dont pay tax

4skin
11-18-2014, 07:37 PM
you pay tax on a used car or motor cycle don't you ?
why should a atv be different
it's not like this was unexpected they said you needed to bring in your bill of sale
could be worse sounds like its opening up more areas or at least making accessing some areas easier
could be like areas in the states you have to buy a permit to the off road park
and only have 20 acres to play in

Toyquad
11-18-2014, 10:40 PM
Now that i have a plate will i need fender flares and mud flaps ? My tires stick out.....

Toyquad
11-18-2014, 10:45 PM
Paying tax on something used is bullshit. Just because we allow it on cars doesnt mean we should pay it on bikes.

If they want to bring it in thats one thing, to charge tax on a sale from years ago...... bullshit!!!
Nothing but a tax grab.

playtime
11-18-2014, 10:52 PM
What a fuckin joke.go fuck yourself

Chopstick
11-18-2014, 11:07 PM
Its to help with stolen quads. Its good an bad way of doing it. Sticker would be way better! I beat my machine an im going to rip a plate
Off everytime i go out

Do we get to drive on the rd now?

There was a thing on crackbook about a gift quad. Something about getting it notary for it $50, getting taxed $$$, then paying the plate $$$ then paying something wlse (cant remember)

We are basically fucked no matter how we look at it. I have a 90 quad that has a missing serial number. Wtf em i supposed to do with that now

youngun
11-18-2014, 11:11 PM
I don't plan on insuring my quad or dirtbike, I have my buggy insured threw a private insurance company with 2 million liability been good so far no problems. Have enough coverage to drive on fsr's that way.

RoadKilL
11-18-2014, 11:36 PM
Personally I won't buy into this shit.......we have to pay enough just to own them and take them out beat on them and fix them.......

Further more if it's now and ICBC regulated thing I'd like to know if I get rear ended by a tree do they pay me? :party0010:

barracuda
11-19-2014, 02:34 PM
plate makes people more accountable . poachers in the alpine will be redflagged by the absence of a plate just like a car on the street without a plate sends up a red flag

the metal plate is not a danger dual sports have had them for years and other places have them . more likely get crushed by the quad then anything.
A helmet doesn't inhibit hunting any more then a seatbelt does.

Honky
11-19-2014, 03:21 PM
A helmet doesn't inhibit hunting any more then a seatbelt does.

Yeah right... and you are a hunter. I guess it doesn't count when your dogs are doing the hunting and you are hunting for your dogs lol

Honky
11-19-2014, 03:27 PM
I don’t think the game will wait for you to take off your helmet…grab then sight in for the kill. Putting a rifle up to your helmet would as funny thing to see.

Unless you hunt like Kyle with his helmet in the kill position

http://www.seeitornot.faketrix.com/content/funnies-pics/page-5/large/strange-helmet-position.jpg

BleepinJeep
11-19-2014, 03:28 PM
Was talking about this last night with my buddy. He has a quad bought privately 5-6 years ago. No bill of sale. I know I had to jump through a bunch of hoops last year to get my sled registered to me.
If it was really about finding stolen stuff they it would be a 5 dollar sticker you buy after filling out an affidavit that you own the ATV etc.
This is purely a tax grab and therefore I do not support it and will not abide by it.

Chody
11-19-2014, 03:31 PM
Paying tax on something used is bullshit. Just because we allow it on cars doesnt mean we should pay it on bikes.

If they want to bring it in thats one thing, to charge tax on a sale from years ago...... bullshit!!!
Nothing but a tax grab.
this. why do we have to pay tax on used goods? why does tax have to be charged more than once on an item? my car has probably been taxed 10 times.
im all for registering orv's but paying sales tax ontop of a regy fee? BULLSHITgo fuck yourself

barracuda
11-21-2014, 01:10 PM
I don’t think the game will wait for you to take off your helmet…grab then sight in for the kill. Putting a rifle up to your helmet would as funny thing to see.

Unless you hunt like Kyle with his helmet in the kill position

http://www.seeitornot.faketrix.com/content/funnies-pics/page-5/large/strange-helmet-position.jpg

I have one of those beanie helmets that I can actually shoot with on.Its DOT approved and is legal. I agree no helmet is much nicer and if I had my way if you over 19 it should be your choice. BTW the military shoots with there helmets so it can be done.

Honky
11-21-2014, 01:58 PM
sorry Kyle...just havin some fun at your expense :D:party0010:[f]

there is no questions on your skills![36]

harvester_sorrow
11-21-2014, 07:35 PM
I have one of those beanie helmets that I can actually shoot with on.Its DOT approved and is legal. I agree no helmet is much nicer and if I had my way if you over 19 it should be your choice. BTW the military shoots with there helmets so it can be done.

as far as i know 4 wheels = no helmet. :dontknow:

barracuda
11-22-2014, 03:10 PM
the new law is quads need a helmet sxs will and even argos , 3wheelers and mc you have always needed a helmet . pretty soon anyone on crown land will need a helmet even if they are hiking [16]

harvester_sorrow
11-22-2014, 07:20 PM
nothing about golf carts.... :party0010:

C-Dog
11-23-2014, 10:08 AM
nothing about golf carts.... :party0010:

lol so that's how we will stick it to the man Eh we all need our Quads to have Golf Cart clothing lol

Trailjunkie
11-23-2014, 01:12 PM
yeah the gift letters no longer are valid except for family only.

paying tax on used items is hwy robbery period .
sir how much did you pay for the quad ? ONE DOLLAR.

life's hard wear a helmet at least on crown land.

remember when crown land meant our land as tax paying Canadians.