PDA

View Full Version : Levelling kit cancelled our insurance

Honky
10-29-2014, 01:32 PM
When we bought our new Toyota Tacoma and before we took possession we had the dealer put in a Levelling kit. Now there is a vibration and the dealer said that because we had the Levelling kit put in our suspension warranty is now void.

What do you think of this and how would you deal with it?

bakelite
10-29-2014, 01:38 PM
Dealer installed ...... tell them to take it out. Then return the truck. Then punch the salesman in the mouth. Several times.

DIRTDIGGLER
10-29-2014, 01:52 PM
Man one thing after another get it checked for aliment and blown belt in the tires?

Apathy
10-29-2014, 02:15 PM
Do you have it in writing that they did the leveling kit?
did they put it in writing that you are voiding the warranty?

I bet you win on both accounts

dirka dave
10-29-2014, 02:35 PM
Give me the truck.

I'll drive it.

Happypants
10-29-2014, 03:25 PM
Tell Colleen to stop rallying it lol

Metal Mulisha
10-29-2014, 03:27 PM
Thats is BS......Even my Taco still had Warranty, not suspension of course but most else was still covered. They may not cover something that goes wrong that is directly involved with the Leveling kit but all else is still under warranty.....you cant have an engine problem then blame it on the Leveling Kit. I Talked to the Service Manager at JP Chryler about putting a Leveling Kit in my Ram & wanted to make sure that it wouldnt affect my warranty & he said Absolutely Not......Engine, Drivetrain, Electrical etc all still under Warranty

Lieutenant Johnson
10-29-2014, 03:29 PM
yeah man especially if it was a dealer Lift kit and installed by dealer...that's bs

I'm not here
10-29-2014, 03:38 PM
Dealer is responsible, even the Chrysler dealer here in Abby is doing left and tire kits for new Jeeps and that's so that the owner can still get warranty on the shit that wears out.

BleepinJeep
10-29-2014, 03:44 PM
Perhaps you should have your lawyer send them a letter of intent to sue for negligently causing the voiding of your warranty

Moondog
10-29-2014, 06:28 PM
Been through this myself if the leveling kit changed the drive angles your screwed (even if the dealer installed the kit) lift kits, leveling kits etc are options the salesman should have made you aware of that when you purchased the truck. After market options are not covered under the manufacturers OE warranty.

Toyquad
10-29-2014, 08:17 PM
Thats bs!!! They should have at least told you before they put it on

4skin
10-29-2014, 08:17 PM
if It voids the warranty then the dealership should not be installing it period
think about it they install something knowing it voids warranty
are they getting a kick Back for the warranty they save the manufacture
the dealer does not want to do warranty work because the rate sucks on it
way more profitable to do non warranty service work

Trailjunkie
10-29-2014, 08:34 PM
burn toy
collect insurance
buy jeep
beet toy dealer with sock full of full cans of beer
drink beers
all fixed

4skin
10-29-2014, 08:53 PM
didnt they have the same problem with the jeep
shit not being covered under warranty when it wasnt even modified

youngun
10-30-2014, 12:08 AM
Very common problem

East coast gear supply makes the fix, I install them often on leveling kit and even drop bracket lifted tacomas

Cookie
10-30-2014, 12:33 AM
Sounds like a bullshit to me, if they install they should warranty any work they do to a vehicle

youngun
10-30-2014, 10:13 AM
Even if they replace the worn bearing with a new one thats causing the vibration. It will come back not too long after, Toyota should recall that bearing.

Honky
10-30-2014, 10:14 AM
Which bearing ?

youngun
10-30-2014, 11:09 AM
Its a small needle bearing on the drivers side that supports the cv axle going into the front diff housing.

I have replaced them with the east coast gear supply one 5 or 6 times for people in the kelowna area.

atoyot
10-30-2014, 12:05 PM
Been through this myself if the leveling kit changed the drive angles your screwed (even if the dealer installed the kit) lift kits, leveling kits etc are options the salesman should have made you aware of that when you purchased the truck. After market options are not covered under the manufacturers OE warranty.

i agree the dearler was willing to do a tonne to my raptor but in the fine print weather its dealer installed or not if its something that isnt factory.. the warranty is void in anything that has t to with what is touched or modded....
so ive said fuck warranty... and uilt my raptor the way i wanted anyways...

even if u didnt modify the fron dependin on how many kms they will probably still try to avoid covering you..

Lieutenant Johnson
10-30-2014, 12:10 PM
hey kris were on #10 and 128st around 7:30 pm last night ? saw a raptor just like yours out fer a rip!

ryno
10-30-2014, 02:53 PM
Its a small needle bearing on the drivers side that supports the cv axle going into the front diff housing.

I have replaced them with the east coast gear supply one 5 or 6 times for people in the kelowna area.

this. i stock them theyre so common. also rear driveshafts seem to hate as little as a 1" lift in the rear. when i worked at toyota i warranteed boatloads of rear shafts and front diffs. that being said, if theyre denying your warranty, call toyota canada, ask for customer retention department. explain your problem with minimal f bombs and you will probably get it sorted out free of charge.

harvester_sorrow
10-30-2014, 05:06 PM
i know some toyota after market parts covered under warranty. what brand is the leveling kit?

youngun
10-30-2014, 11:16 PM
this. i stock them theyre so common. also rear driveshafts seem to hate as little as a 1" lift in the rear. when i worked at toyota i warranteed boatloads of rear shafts and front diffs. that being said, if theyre denying your warranty, call toyota canada, ask for customer retention department. explain your problem with minimal f bombs and you will probably get it sorted out free of charge.

I bought a bunch of them too, all sold out now.

Probably should order more [16]

atoyot
10-31-2014, 05:20 PM
hey kris were on #10 and 128st around 7:30 pm last night ? saw a raptor just like yours out fer a rip!

yup thats was me....;)
just a lil rip b4 i tossed the 37s on her[36]

Lieutenant Johnson
11-03-2014, 09:37 AM
37s you say! nice ...how does it rip with the new shoes ?

harvester_sorrow
11-03-2014, 05:01 PM
with whitewalls out...........