View Full Version : Special area,lower mainland hunting licence's

10-20-2014, 04:29 PM
Was thinking of going out this weekend and doing some scouting in the stave area, and hear that in order to hunt in the lower mainland u need a hunting licence for the lower mainland? And also 1,000,000 liability insurance as well, I can see the need for liability insurance if your hunting in the "red zone"....for what reason I dunno why but...anyway, can some of u more "seasoned" hunters on here please give me some info on this, it's the first I've heard of it and I don't wanna get in shit if I'm up in the stave back country and come across fish and wildlife/game wardens

This is what I'm talking about, but it looks like they are talking more about the "red zone" prohibited areas anyway, & a bit of stave area,



10-20-2014, 07:50 PM
Pretty sure you only need that licence if you are hunting game birds (as in geese , ducks etc) if you are out hunting deer you should be fine with just your regular hunting licence and appropriate tags.

10-20-2014, 08:04 PM
See that's what I thought too, I was gonna go get some tags tommorrow & talk to the ppl at the dmv about that, if I don't need to get it then I would rather not, :)

10-21-2014, 11:41 AM
as far as I know if you are hunting the special area you need the ins and lis. BCWF membership is good for liability.

10-21-2014, 11:43 AM
Called the dmv all i need is the licence and they have it there, it's a regional Fraser valley hunting licence, the insurance part is for hunting birds