View Full Version : trail building ? or maitnance ?

09-23-2014, 08:51 PM
hey guys and galls ..

just out of curiosity .. has anyone ever build a trail to make it harder to access ?

what i mean is build obstacles on trail to make it so u must have the ground clearance or lockers ..[36] real 4x4ing

let me know what youve done ... if any...

i want to make a special little place hard to access with stock trucks...

09-23-2014, 09:08 PM
forestrys does it all the time and it only slows it down for a while

09-24-2014, 08:09 AM
I’ve made a couple of trails. You can’t make it “hard” unless there are natural immovable obstacles. Guys will move, stack, cut, everything to get their less capable truck through. Still say you should go for it! I plan on opening up another trail this fall

Lieutenant Johnson
09-24-2014, 08:17 AM
yeah we were building a new trail on Sunday.... but we gave up ....because trails always get discovered and people winch/ drag/ pull obstables out of the way if need be ....

09-24-2014, 08:54 AM
make the entrance not a trail. its the only way. signs of activity draw trail wreckers in . i always look for natural ways to hide the entrance. look for a tree with low hanging branches for your entrance point and never have a turning point within a xj length of the entry point . if you can also go in slow and rolling as to not disturb its natural look.if you try it can be hidden for awhile but not forever. good luck guys , build something cool

09-24-2014, 12:41 PM
Or set up booby traps on the trail to fuck with trespassers haha lol

09-24-2014, 10:23 PM
trails are like a surrey girl, the more use they see, the more tore up they get......