View Full Version : What is wrong with our southern brothers????

08-27-2014, 02:11 PM
WOW….Really you’re going to give a FULL automatic rifle to an 8 year old? Well this time it backfired when a 9 year old killed the instructor of the “burgers and Bullets” gun range. The owner was on the radio defending the young kids firing off big full auto guns. [16]

Link to the full story

08-27-2014, 02:20 PM
well kev... you got me on that one.. WTF?

08-27-2014, 02:25 PM
saw this earlier. im all for showing kids proper use, but giving a VERY lightweight fully loaded automatic to a child is just stupid. Its a bad deal for the guy that died, and even worse for the 9 year old, her life is changed forever

08-27-2014, 02:36 PM
What stood out for me was the owner defending and saying the practice will continue. The ending of the radio interview was no charges will be laid as this is a licensed range

The King Machine
08-27-2014, 03:32 PM
There were many factors that led up to that mans death. One being giving a child a fully automatic weapon.
However this could have been avoided in many other ways.
-Giving her a full magazine was a bad idea, 10 rds would have been enough for her to have her fun. Half a second and it would have been done.
-Should have allowed her to fire off a few more single fire rounds. Enough to give her time to adjust to the recoil.
-The instructor was in a real bad spot, He should have been behind her right shoulder. With his right hand on her forearm and left hand holding her forward.

Bad misjudgement.

dirka dave
08-27-2014, 04:11 PM
Americans are just dumb.

I'm not here
08-27-2014, 06:14 PM
The Amurikans should lower the age of drinking and driving if that's how they want kids to have fun.

08-27-2014, 06:43 PM
Wow thats tragic. I cant believe someone would give a full mag in a uzi to a untrained or skilled person. Let alone a 9yr old. Wow thanks to the parents a man is dead , his family will never see him again and the lil girl will be changed for life. Tsk tsk tsk

08-31-2014, 11:45 AM
SMG's aren't exactly high powered. A 9 year is physically capable of handling one just fine. But she should have been started off with semi auto, then only a few rounds of full auto before stepping up to the whole deal. It's tragic all around, but ultimately if the instructor had been more on the ball this wouldn't have happened.