PDA

View Full Version : Honda Pioneer 700 4 side by side

Milkman
06-27-2014, 11:52 PM
Do these suck off road? to big? To long? to wide? Anybody use one and abuse one? it would fit thru my gate at 60" as the gate is 68" and i could use it to take branches to the fire pit in the back yard. Among other things. And camping. I have Never driven one. I drove some kobatas.

http://sxs.honda.ca/4person/pioneer4/specifications

Now you don't have to choose between a two-person or four-person Side-by-Side: The all-new Honda Pioneer™ boasts an innovative convertible design that allows the two rear seats to fold into the bed. Owners can opt to use the Pioneer with two-seat, three-seat or four-seat configurations. Best of all, the rear seats fold quickly and easily without the need for tools, and once folded away the Pioneer’s tilt-bed space can be fully utilized. Long-travel suspension combines a comfortable ride with high-performance handling, and helps give the Pioneer the load capacity to haul 1000 pounds or tow 1500 pounds. Available in the optional, new Honda-designed and trademarked Honda Phantom Camo™, this workhorse of a machine can also be dressed up, modified and personalized by choosing from the full line of more than 50 Honda Genuine and Signature accessories.

barracuda
06-29-2014, 09:05 AM
no low range basically shoots it in the foot. either a 5 speed with a bull low or a low range transfercase is needed. talking to the Honda dealer and they said they would have moved two or thee times as many if they had that.

kootenaycat
06-29-2014, 09:05 PM
Honda should have put the hydrostatic transmission in their side by sides and the Rincon. That automotive style auto trans has little to no engine braking for hold back on steep hills. Never rode one myself but heard they are not great. Not sure how well they work on slow technical trails but I'm guessing the oil gets pretty hot with the slipping torque convertor

Milkman
06-29-2014, 10:16 PM
good to know so far. I never knew these things. thx guys