PDA

View Full Version : Hyundai Accent Wheeling

Bushwack
06-25-2014, 09:56 PM
We made an impromptu trip to Keremeos to pick up more Harley parts and do a little camping.
Ended up at the top of the mountain in the little car. Just over 2000 meters.
We wheeled it into the Frenchman mine and along the cliff face overlooking Headly. Made it all the way to the slide at the Mascott Mine. The little beast did great although I am looking for a set of boggers 195/70/14 ha ha.
We camped in a wonderful meadow on top of the mountain.......except for the cow shit everywhere. Never set up camp in the dark!!!!
On Sunday we explored a lot of old trails on the mountain looking for mines..

Heather has decided that this is not going to happen much in her car

We sure miss the jeep....Back on the road soon.
A raspberry to all the guys that don't go out because there rigs are broken!!!!

youngun
06-25-2014, 10:21 PM
Very cool, are those caves easy to find? I have to get out there with the quad and check that stuff out its close to home for me

hoser
06-25-2014, 10:31 PM
U guys suck!!!!!

Err umm i mean im jealous of the adventures you guys do all the time..:D

Bushwack
06-25-2014, 10:31 PM
Very cool, are those caves easy to find? I have to get out there with the quad and check that stuff out its close to home for me

Easy to get to.

harvester_sorrow
06-25-2014, 11:03 PM
those are some neat old mines

kootenaycat
06-25-2014, 11:53 PM
Did you walk through the Frenchman down to the lowest entrance? We did that last year then hiked back up the side of the hill to the quads. Would have been easier to walk back through the mine lol!

procircuit
06-26-2014, 06:53 AM
Another awesome trip and set of pictures!!! thanks for sharing

Bushwack
06-26-2014, 07:14 AM
Did you walk through the Frenchman down to the lowest entrance? We did that last year then hiked back up the side of the hill to the quads. Would have been easier to walk back through the mine lol!

Yes we have spent days underground. We have hiked up to the left over the cliff and to the right by the ore chute. Both ways are a bitch in the heat.

Lieutenant Johnson
06-26-2014, 08:10 AM
sweet pics ! love that mine /cave ...
thanks bushwack...proof that you do more wheeling than half this forum ....in an Accent!!!

Milkman
06-26-2014, 10:22 AM
Living the dream! Good pictures