View Full Version : Sand Casting local?

04-03-2014, 12:47 PM
Hey I am trying to have two plates made up for stamping aluminum ( I want to start a company making new shiny parts for cars) anyhow anyone know of a place local that does this kind of stuff. I found a place in vancouver wa but im trying to find local first. I have also considered cnc but Im not sure if they could make something like this. Thanks for any help. I thought about making my own plates but something about spilling molten Iron on my foot doesn't sound too

04-03-2014, 01:29 PM
Esco in Coquitlam?

04-03-2014, 01:36 PM
Going into the car restoration business? :D

04-03-2014, 07:35 PM
Cast won't work very well if you are thinking of useing it to make dies for stamping metal it's to brittle and will break apart after a few parts
But guess it would work in the short term
With the Cnc technology that's out there they can scan the part and make your plates but it won't be cheep
Maybe look into tool and die makers as well

04-04-2014, 09:32 AM
What is it exactly that your trying to make....

http://www.brenco.com this place can make damn near anything you want.... Donno about pricing but my work has all their forming come in from them

04-04-2014, 10:12 AM
Brenco does good work but usually had a long lead time. If you need something Laser cut quickly I suggest you call Industrial Laser cutting in Tilbury

04-10-2014, 12:04 PM
Thanks guys. I wanted to start making car engine covers out of aluminum (cause the plastic ones are an eyesore!). I want to be the producer not have someone make them. I bought the new 5.0L engine cover off ebay I just need to figure out how to make them. Ill have the plates made cnc if it will work but a guy at a foundry in surrey said stamping them wont work, so i might try sand casting the aluminum and polishing them??

04-11-2014, 09:55 AM
That would be heavy though
You would be better of I think getting a bead roller and a English wheel
Or power hammer and forming them out of sheet aluminum