PDA

View Full Version : Up Foley lake road

Milkman
03-22-2014, 11:21 PM
Went to Costco today so figured whats better after Costco, a trip up to Foley lake.

Stopped to get Kfc + Gas and to put perishables in cooler so Headed up around 4 pm or so..

Milkman
03-22-2014, 11:44 PM
So aired down to 16 psi which is fine. I have run 8 psi without any problems.

So it was to snowy up top for the wife so turned around and was going down to a non snow area and bead blew. I of course put tire caps in pocket which had a hole in them which did not get put back on so I figure air kept leaking out of tire.

So pull over, back up to flat section with a pull thru in case anyone else was coming down. So Jack and that under metal jeep box, move box foward and block tire and start to jack up. Did not use Hi lift. Used Shitty factory jack. (under axle) Anyway p.o.s. jack handle fails nails me in face.

So its about this time I find tire caps in bottom of pants with my missing lighter..

So some how after jack handle hit me in face the tail light got smashed anyway
Dear can you put the tire caps on. Sure no problem. She does and slips on the snow and Sprains her Ankle (which was broken on the 2nd day when we moved to our new house) I had sorrels on by chance so....

So we went to the bottom of the hill Lit a fire with some crappy wood we found had some good kfc and enjoyed the rest of the Night. Did not really get any exploring in after that.

Of course I did not have either (Starting Fluid) in jeep like i normally do to seat bead or firewood which i will add for next time.

On a plus side I told the wife we are going to save up and get a 12x12 cabalas alakanak tent which she did not say no to. So other than my face being numb and her ankle being sore it was a good trip. To bad it was not over night.

Milkman
03-22-2014, 11:45 PM
I am not sure if bead blew or if air just drained out.

deer laredo
03-23-2014, 02:43 AM
Reguardless of your valve stem caps being missing, that was not the cause of your tire going flat

I'm not here
03-23-2014, 07:32 AM
Those stock tires do not like less than 12 psi, if you have a bigger rim, you can get away with lower pressures.
There's not a whole lot of exploring to do, nice view at the top of the main road in the summer.

Milkman
03-23-2014, 07:00 PM
cool thanks, good to know.

Milkman
03-23-2014, 07:28 PM
must have been the weight and a rock under the snow.

harvester_sorrow
03-23-2014, 07:40 PM
woo spring snow wheeling :party0010:

BigRon
03-25-2014, 10:15 AM
Great Pics kids always enjoy the outdoors :)

Bent Black
03-25-2014, 11:21 AM
So bead lock wheels. Eh!?[cheers]

Milkman
03-25-2014, 03:46 PM
So bead lock wheels. Eh!?[cheers]

One day.

So tire punctured thru side wall with rock. Bfg gave some warranty, so something is better than nothing.

and Thank you, The Kids had a great time.

Chopstick
03-25-2014, 09:00 PM
Is the road still washed out just passed foley lake?

Milkman
03-25-2014, 09:35 PM
the previous time i was there there were no tracks past that point.

kootenaycat
03-28-2014, 06:53 PM
Funny write up except for the sprained ankle!