PDA

View Full Version : some 2010 Olympics pics

Milkman
03-12-2014, 11:18 PM
Worked 2 jobs for 28 days straight. worked 12 hrs one job 10 hrs the other job.
Slept in car at times. slept where and when i could. ate at work. Showered at work.

harvester_sorrow
03-13-2014, 09:30 PM
what equipment do they use to make the moguls?

dirka dave
03-14-2014, 12:26 AM
Nice pics

Milkman
03-14-2014, 11:57 AM
what equipment do they use to make the moguls?

They used a fleet of Rock trucks from North Equipment. A good bunch of guys running the equipment.
They brought the snow in from Seymour i believe by a fleet of dump trucks then
They used Front end loaders and an excavator to load the snow into the rock trucks.
Then they drove the load to the base of the mountain, then they used winch cats to drag the snow up the mountain. The slope was at least 45 deg or more in sections.

I was lucky enough to get a ride in the snow cat from the master operator. He had been doing that all over the world for 25 years or something like that. Like in Switzerland and other places.

This guy had no fear. He had been buried alive in avalanches before, he was one time up a 45 deg slope or steeper slope when his winch cable failed. well he free falled for miles if i recall he broke his back that time. Anyways it was very exiting to get a ride in the machine going up the steep mountain at 1 in the am. The horse power. Just pushing the snow up and over the blade. Pictures don't do it justice. I asked him was he not afraid of dying? He said no, When the winch cable broke he just let go and thought of his wife and daughter. Eventually they dug him out. Really cool calm guy. He would not let me go with him in the really steep section.