View Full Version : The Noose is Tightening

gavman
02-27-2014, 06:05 AM
http://www.leg.bc.ca/40th2nd/1st_read/gov13-1.htm

http://www.for.gov.bc.ca/mof/orv/%0D

More taxes and restrictions and control....:badday

Tinker
02-27-2014, 06:55 AM
Absolute FKN BS!!!! and oh good ICBC gets to be the overseer......FKN suck balls BC Gov!

96_z71
02-27-2014, 01:08 PM
They use the same excuse they used for how they changed the rules for registering a U-built trailer. Make it harder to register stolen equipment blah blah blah. Just another money grab. And they claim it's going to make things 'safer'. How is having to put a plate on quads and dirtbikes making them safer?

I didn't read through the whole act but I saw on the news that to be on public land they need to have plates. What about public roads? Does this mean everything now has to have turn signals and brake lights?

Honky
02-27-2014, 01:32 PM
Just peachy

I would be nice to drive my quad the short distance from my house to stave but I'm sure this won't allow that.

Just another money grab

apefrill
02-27-2014, 01:36 PM
You'd think with all the shit that gets stolen down there, registering every vehicle would be a good thing? :dontknow:

I agree most of it is BS, but the registration part is good as far as I'm concerned. Everything should be registered anyway so you can prove it's yours if it's stolen, or to help with insurance claims to prove the value and what not.

BleepinJeep
02-27-2014, 01:51 PM
I dont like cashgrabs but I do think that registration is a good thing and so is insurance.

England
02-27-2014, 02:02 PM
I had to insure my unicorn ......ICBC can kiss my unicorns arse

barracuda
02-27-2014, 02:21 PM
if it was free would it still be an issue? is it the fact that it has to have a plate for identification purposes and that it has to be registered the real issue. (anyone without a plate will stick out like a sore thumb)

if you only use it on a pvt farm or ranch then this does not apply but if you use it on public land then it affects you if you havnt registered your quad .

don't see an issue with it as it is no different then rideing a dual sport bike with a plate.

don't act like a ass on a quad and you shouldn't have an issue

The King Machine
02-27-2014, 04:41 PM
This Bullshit is just that.

Read the fine print.

We are about to get fucked by the long and hard.

Don't forget to wash your plate off after every mud hole you ride through or you might get a ticket for obstructed plate.

Tinker
02-27-2014, 04:47 PM
Officially my 8 and 11 y.o. are no longer by law to come ORVing with me. Can't even ride as a passenger under the new laws.

longhorn
02-27-2014, 05:07 PM
I use my quad for work almost every day.
They can kiss my ass Im not paying .....

The King Machine
02-27-2014, 05:57 PM
I use my quad for work almost every day.
They can kiss my ass Im not paying .....

The RCMP will execute you.

Moondog
02-27-2014, 06:04 PM
You'd think with all the shit that gets stolen down there, registering every vehicle would be a good thing? :dontknow:

I agree most of it is BS, but the registration part is good as far as I'm concerned. Everything should be registered anyway so you can prove it's yours if it's stolen, or to help with insurance claims to prove the value and what not.

The registration part is the one thing that is totally wrong about this bill. If you already have insurance your insurance company will already have all of your machines details on record so the only thing that the Government registry will be doing is collecting more money for ICBC. I already pay $1300 a year to insure my side by side now I am going to have to pay another $48 (there will be more I guarantee) per year to enjoy my hobby how is that fair? The Government can quite easily access the private insurance companies data base and then issue free plates to those who are already insured but no they just want more cash out our pockets. Also don't forget when this bill goes through then there will be a hell of a lot of families who's children have been riding for years who will no longer be able to go out as a family due to the minimum age restriction that will be put in place on children. I get that they are trying to make it safer and that they are trying to cut down on theft of ORV's but they do have more than enough Police and CO's who should have been policing this 4 years ago when they made third party insurance compulsory but they didn't and now as usual we are all about to get fucked in the ass for it.

kootenaycat
02-27-2014, 07:31 PM
I would agree with the plating only if we could ride on streets. Towns in the US allow it, Elkford was (maybe still is?) allowing it. No reason why can't ride to the gas station or down the road to access a logging road.

As far as plates being good, I can't wait until the first wrongly accused atver gets fined for "mud bogging". Guarantee if hikers/bikers see a mud bog and fresh tracks they will copy down the plate numbers of the first quads they see and report them even if it's 5 miles down the road.

Moondog
02-27-2014, 07:57 PM
[iagree]

Hello Kitty
02-27-2014, 10:16 PM
D o you have to register quads?

gavman
02-27-2014, 10:42 PM
D o you have to register quads?

Not if you chew tobacca, an spitRice

redman
02-27-2014, 11:38 PM
Not if you chew tobacca, an spitRice

And fuck goats

F150HULK
02-28-2014, 10:04 AM
Fuck it! how much is the fine?

Moondog
02-28-2014, 11:12 AM
Seizure of vehicle and a fine not to exceed $5000 or up to 6 months in imprisonment or both is the maximum

http://www.leg.bc.ca/40th2nd/1st_read/gov13-1.htm#section26

Chody
02-28-2014, 11:43 AM
wow brutal

epic3
02-28-2014, 04:59 PM
no insurance of a car its impounded (siezed) and a $8xx fine so I imagine this will be no different

harvester_sorrow
02-28-2014, 07:50 PM
bob saggot!

78bronco
02-28-2014, 09:37 PM
fuck what next

nest they are gonna tell me i cant have a parchut on my car while its on the street